Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: TAG vs LAG

[ QUOTE ]
grunching

Anything less than 20% VPIP is probably losing ev for a good player though I may be wrong in a lot of live cardrooms due to rake. More than 22% and you're almost certainly just flipping coins or spewing unless a lag image makes up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should also be noted that the difference between 18% and 20% is about 1 extra hand every 5-6 orbits. Something to be careful of. Many times it's just a matter of defending blinds a little more or playing the button a titch looser. It doesn't take alot to move a couple percentage points.

Also, stat-wise, 420hours or 16k hands isn't really much to base anything on. Many on here, including me, have had breakeven runs online of 25k hands or more(some have had quite a bit longer runs). Live I had one that lasted 6 months.(lotsa fun, lemme tell ya)

Tougher games online my vpip was about 18%. Live I know it's quite a bit looser(not sure exactly how much looser) as the games tend to be more passive and I can sneak in with alot more crap, especially in LP.

One mistake people make is trying to give an illusion of action when they really don't need to. Which is usually live players up through 10-20.

That said, I think I can count on 1 hand how many times the deck really hit me in the face. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

b
Old 09-07-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Re: TAG vs LAG

TAG or LAG, it doesn't matter which you boast, for it's the style of your opponent that matters the most. if their money is what you desire, then set your sights higher. rather than thinking "what is my label", begin to exploit their weaknesses at the table.