Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:33 PM

Default 50NL KK OOP (Again) Need Turn Help

No PT, read on Villian is that he is a fairly solid player. Always seem to find myself in these spots "lost" ....Please advise my play on turn:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $52.40
BB: $36.10
UTG: $174.50
UTG+1: $46.60
Hero (MP1): $50.00
MP2: $49.50
MP3: $51.80
CO: $19.95
BTN: $58.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $3.50, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $3.00

Flop: ($11.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, MP3 calls $8.00, UTG+1 folds

Turn: ($27.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Pot Size: $27.25

HERO?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 50NL KK OOP (Again) Need Turn Help

Board is pretty dry, 9T being the only realistic draw out there. Does villain raise with sets or slow play?

TT JJ QQ are all possible too so bet ~$20 and shove the river.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:48 AM

Bet close to pot, call a shove. Shove the river. What range do you put MP3 on that cc's 7 BBs, and calls a 3/4 pot flop? Would he get away from lesser overpairs or raise them on the flop? I think 99+ are a large portion of his range.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:47 AM

Considering the large preflop raise, I like a CRAI on the turn, as almost any reasonable bet villain makes on the turn will commit his stack and you are ahead of his range. A large bet on the turn might fold out JJ/QQ/8x sometimes (though not often). Having a tough time articulating thoughts this late and this drunk but what do you guys think of this line?

Also, 4x+BB/limper works. Why such a large raise preflop?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Villain could be floating with missed overs, but more probably he has a set, AA; the two pair hand 87 - a draw (65 or 9T) or 98 (wants to see if you fire again) &gt;&gt;&gt; all somewhat unlikely though because of your high preflop raise; same for 66 and 55. I don't think villain has 99, TT, JJ or QQ here very often; because he probably wants to know immediately where he stands and protect himself from overcards falling. I mean if you just call with TT-JJ here and your opponent bets the turn you are pretty lost....

The problem with your big preflop raise is that draws in villains hand are very unlikely (he is a solid player), also if you bet the turn and villain shoves your odds are so decent you can't get away from it. Seen the fact that you have to go allin at some point with this hand I would check to villain on the turn to induce bluffs with weaker hands, so that if we go allin he has a wider range; if we bet the turn and he shoves we are obliged to call, but in much worser shape, because he has a smaller range.

All in all i would raise less preflop so that you can get away from your hand somewhere along the line if villains show strength. Now you have left yourself no choice for abandoning this pot.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would raise less preflop so that you can get away from your hand somewhere along the line if villains show strength. Now you have left yourself no choice for abandoning this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 AM

I think the big pre flop raise is playing scared, to me it defines your hand as AA or KK. I'm tempted to do it sometimes because of set fear and what not, but it allows your opponent to play perfectly against you. Your preflop raise gives him very good implied odds for calling becuase it doesn't look like you are getting away from this hand if he flops good and he has position on you.