Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (9/25 - Day 5)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Norm said Scotty was in for all his chips. But other than that, "slowplay" makes a lot more sense there. Does anyone still have this saved that can check?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty still had chips behind, but the call was for most of his chips. He seemed genuinely concerned about the call, and afterward he said "i thought you might have slowplayed AA". So it wasn't a slowroll. I doubt he was ever folding (I hope not, at least), but probably wanted to raise and decided not to.

Norm may have said Scotty was in for all his chips, but I'm pretty sure Norm is an idiot.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone notice when Scotty slowrolled the dude with the set of Qs on the river - then said something to the guy about him slowrolling Scotty with AA earlier? That had to feel good. Payback for slowrolling is the only excuse for ever slowrolling.

I like how Lon and Norm act like Scotty's really thinking about it with the 3rd nuts. "This is for all his chips." Rainbow board and maybe one straight out there. Possibly not even that. I know it was AQ97x. He may have only been losing to AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was perhaps the most bizarre hand of the whole thing.

Scotty bet like 300k on the river, guy raised to 750 or something. Scotty said out loud "if I call I have 117 left" or something like that. He did seem concerned and he didn't 3bet all in which is what's really bizarre. I don't get just calling there. Maybe villain was an uber nit and Scotty had a good read on him.

I forget the board exactly but I thought at the time that some kind of bizarro straight was possible.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 PM

wow so many of these guys have no clue how to play deepstack NLHE tournaments.

everyones calling off like 75bb's preflop with 77,AK and AQ.(dags mikelson sp im looking at you). And dario mineri should really bluff huge more i dont think anyone is picking up on that yet.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Up until this episode I thought Khan was a douche but after he got Brenes to make his stupid all in move (albeit not as over the top as usual) and then snap called with his AA I will give him a 1 year douche pass. Maybe Brenes will watch this and take note how it feels to be on the other end of such arrogance and stupidity.

As for Kenny Tran...all I can say is wow. He has the right attitude and he represent SoCal poker nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? His attitude is the only thing about him that isn't "right". It's completly wrong, abnoxious, and ugly to see. I always heard about Kenny Tran being a pro, I think I may have seen him on LATB (?) and I was really excited to see him on ESPN, loved the way he played, was amazed, and then he opened his mouth and I realized he's about as big a douchebag as Khan or Humberto.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and then he opened his mouth and I realized he's about as big a douchebag as Khan or Humberto

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Just drag the pot and shut the [censored] up. If you must tell somebody how good you are, wait and brag to your friends when you are not on camera. I have a lot more respect for the players who show me they are good rather than showing me and then telling me (or just telling me).
Old 09-29-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And dario mineri should really bluff huge more i dont think anyone is picking up on that yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

:: golf clap ::
Old 09-29-2007, 08:56 AM

I'll join the chorus: Kenny Tran has played very impressively, only to piss away the good impression by his incredibly obnoxious demeanor. By the end I didn't feel sorry for him when I knew his AA would get cracked.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 PM

Michael Jordan has ego. Kobe Bryant has ego. All the great ones have egos. Kenny was working in McDonald when he came to the U.S 13 years ago, and now playing in the biggest NL cash game. You guys judge him by seeing three hands that he played on TV. Great Job guys.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Michael Jordan has ego. Kobe Bryant has ego. All the great ones have egos. Kenny was working in McDonald when he came to the U.S 13 years ago, and now playing in the biggest NL cash game. You guys judge him by seeing three hands that he played on TV. Great Job guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I hate Michael Jordan.
2) I hate Kobe Bryant.
3) Is there something wrong with working at McDonald's?
4) I am not at all judging him as a person. I am judging his douchebag behavior. Somebody who just bluffed off a large chunk of their chips does not need to listen to you go on and on about how good you are. Good call. Drag the pot. Shut the [censored] up.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I hate Michael Jordan.
2) I hate Kobe Bryant.
3) Is there something wrong with working at McDonald's?
4) I am not at all judging him as a person. I am judging his douchebag behavior. Somebody who just bluffed off a large chunk of their chips does not need to listen to you go on and on about how good you are. Good call. Drag the pot. Shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Jordan, dislike Kobe. I agree with #4. I don't care if it's one hand and I don't care if he cleaning toilets last month to make a living. He acted like an idiot and is being called out for it.