Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Can we donate campaign funds to Barney Frank on the internet?

If so, wouldnt it make sense to start a flurry of donations similar to the Barry Greenstein LOL donkaments thing from BBV?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Can we donate campaign funds to Barney Frank on the internet?

[ QUOTE ]
If so, wouldnt it make sense to start a flurry of donations similar to the Barry Greenstein LOL donkaments thing from BBV?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You can also donate by writing a check and enclosing it in a letter or by calling his office with the donation. With these methods, he'll know why the money was donated, whereas on the web, he has no way of knowing. Also, you'll be able to reference the donation in future communications. As it sounds like you don't reside in his district, giving him a reason to care about your opinion is a good thing.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Democrat + Massachusetts = Seat for Life

I guess some people might notice. I would probably wait and see if anyone co-sponsors this.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Why would he not know the reason if it was sent over the web? If there is a comment box or something like that we could all type something in there like went on with the LOL donkaments thing. I dont know much about this stuff, but I woyld think that if one day out of the blue his office recieved a couple hundred 25-100 dollar donations from all over the country, they would take notice.

I forget how much was raised for the Barry G thing but it was quite alot. And that was just for a guy saying a BBV catchphrase on the air. For an issue that is so important to us here, I think if something was organized it would really be successful.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Follow this link to make donations to Barney Frank through Actblue.com

By donating through Act Blue it will let Frank know why he is receiving the money. Also, if a lot of people contribute this way it will make other politicians aware of how much money poker players are willing to give in support of friendly politicians, and therefore may bring a few more over to our side.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.actblue.com/page/poker
Old 04-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Wow that link is exactly what I had in mind. Why hasnt this been spread all over 2p2? With all of the money thrown around by "ballas" here this is the perfect way for 2p2 to make a difference.

I am not a balla but if I can get confirmation that this is legit I will be pledging $50.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that link is exactly what I had in mind. Why hasnt this been spread all over 2p2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying.

[ QUOTE ]
With all of the money thrown around by "ballas" here this is the perfect way for 2p2 to make a difference.

I am not a balla but if I can get confirmation that this is legit I will be pledging $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was created by a 2p2er.

The last time poker players used actblue:

http://www.pocketfives.com/702F33E7-...6E6389DAF.aspx
http://www.actblue.com/page/pokerplayers
http://www.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=7818330
http://www.gambling911.com/Online-Po...on-110306.html
Old 04-27-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he not know the reason if it was sent over the web? If there is a comment box or something like that we could all type something in there like went on with the LOL donkaments thing. I dont know much about this stuff, but I woyld think that if one day out of the blue his office recieved a couple hundred 25-100 dollar donations from all over the country, they would take notice.

I forget how much was raised for the Barry G thing but it was quite alot. And that was just for a guy saying a BBV catchphrase on the air. For an issue that is so important to us here, I think if something was organized it would really be successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just answering your question. Sounds like you have good ideas. Put something together and let's see if we can't get some donations.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that link is exactly what I had in mind. Why hasnt this been spread all over 2p2?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has.