Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Wpex Stole My Money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because we just got some new tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fred, you are undoubtedly smarter and more knowledgeable than me, especially about this. But please acknowledge that you do see how your policies, as applied to OP, are unfair. To suspects, as there is no petition or recourse for any reason, and to honest players as well, as your company ultimately reaps the rewards of cheating in the games.

Also, since you say these tools are new, please reassure us that the situation described in the original post is not standard operating procedure, and will not be occurring in the future - that from now on cheating will be stopped as it happens, not when they try to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, cheating will be stopped as it happens. We don't just wait for the cashout.

The player is welcome to raise a claim with the Gaming Commission of Antigua. We will be happy to justify our actions in front of them. If they see things differently, the player will be paid in full.

We will not post in public or disclose to the player how we were alerted to this situation.

It is not without warning. It is in our rules which all players sign off on when they play with us.

Months ago players were complaining about Bots on our site. We shut down a few suspects and built some better tools. These tools, while they may not catch everyone, do not in our opinion put out false positives.

Where is the praise for doing something about the bots?

Fred

PS- I still don't see the player denying anything.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:55 PM

Antigua Gaming Complaint form:

http://www.antiguagaming.gov.ag/complaints.asp
Old 03-21-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because we just got some new tools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fred, you are undoubtedly smarter and more knowledgeable than me, especially about this. But please acknowledge that you do see how your policies, as applied to OP, are unfair. To suspects, as there is no petition or recourse for any reason, and to honest players as well, as your company ultimately reaps the rewards of cheating in the games.

Also, since you say these tools are new, please reassure us that the situation described in the original post is not standard operating procedure, and will not be occurring in the future - that from now on cheating will be stopped as it happens, not when they try to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, cheating will be stopped as it happens. We don't just wait for the cashout.

The player is welcome to raise a claim with the Gaming Commission of Antigua. We will be happy to justify our actions in front of them. If they see things differently, the player will be paid in full.

We will not post in public or disclose to the player how we were alerted to this situation.

It is not without warning. It is in our rules which all players sign off on when they play with us.

Months ago players were complaining about Bots on our site. We shut down a few suspects and built some better tools. These tools, while they may not catch everyone, do not in our opinion put out false positives.

Fred

[/ QUOTE ]

Are the seized funds going to be redistributed to the players from which they were won?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM

Is it a bot which he clearly knows could run this risk?

Or was it a heads-up display which, it seems, many people believe is still okay to use on your site.

There is a difference between the two.
It's your choice to not want players to use either of course.
But confiscatig his funds for just a heads-up display without really giving any warning that he needs to stop using the program seems pretty extreme.

If it was a true 'bot' that can play without him even being at the computer then good-job on catching him (although it apparently took awhile).
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM

Bwuhahahaha !!! WSEX GM, get all the guys who are using the "illegal" programs. Of course, you will cut your traffic in half (or more). This all goes back to that argument of months ago about storing HH's on the hard drive. They ALL said it was only to check their own play and for "tax" reasons. Poor souls just can't play without help. I think it's funny. I said it then and I say it now, they were bull [censored] you the whole time WSEX GM, they only wanted it to use to kill the fish faster (and they can't even remotely play without it).
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM

We believe it was some type of bot.

Fred
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fred

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Fred,

I praise WPEX for taking the bot issue seriously and for taking action to close bot-users accounts and seize their funds.

THANK YOU!
Benjamin
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this investigation determines that collusion has occurred or that a “bot” or another form of illegal software has been used in play, the account will be terminated WITHOUT the release of that player’s funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Proof of Collusion? OK, fine.
2. Proof of 'BOT'? OK, fine.
3. Proof of "Another Form of Illegal Software" Ha, LOL!
what like 60-80% of the player base is using GT+ with the "enhancement." Get ready for mass confiscation LOL. And, GM does not address the timing of the siezure of OP's $.

An unappealable seizure of someone's money without ANY real due process? Very sporting of you chap.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:03 PM

This is amazing work by WSEX. Why the computer nerds on here cannot get it through their heads that PokerTracker and whatever else on WSEX is CHEATING is beyond me. If you cannot play without using these tools, then play at another site where it is not against the rules.

Congrats to WSEX for working to keep online poker on a level playing field for those of us who just want to play poker and not worry about software arms races.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, GM does not address the timing of the siezure of OP's $.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he does.