Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Re: 4/8 live on the button

You are up against an Ace or a possible str8, or two pair. FLush is dead, a flopped straight unlikely with your holdings. Assume ace. You must call. You have 10 outs. (2 sixes and filling your straight. You may have 13 outs with the 7 falling. You have 8 BBets in pot, call with the hopes of raising or folding on river.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:06 PM

I would call the turn and hope for the best.

Peace,
Mygtar
Old 10-27-2006, 01:33 PM

Based on the replies, I guess this is closer than I thought. The Implied odds plus the tendancy of low limit players to stick around with any A possibly make this a call.

I mucked the turn. Early Position player called. River was an 8. Check, bet, call. Turn raiser showed A6 for 2 pair and won the pot. Early position player had AT.

I know that I found this hand more interesting because my card came on the river after I folded, however I've been in similar situations before when my card didn't come and I still wondered if I played it in the most +ev way.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:03 PM

I can't think of anything else to do on the turn but call.

Haupt_234
Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the replies, I guess this is closer than I thought. The Implied odds plus the tendancy of low limit players to stick around with any A possibly make this a call.

I mucked the turn. Early Position player called. River was an 8. Check, bet, call. Turn raiser showed A6 for 2 pair and won the pot. Early position player had AT.

I know that I found this hand more interesting because my card came on the river after I folded, however I've been in similar situations before when my card didn't come and I still wondered if I played it in the most +ev way.

Thanks for all the feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of low limit players tell you exactly what they have. When they bet they have top pair, when they raise they have a really good top pair or two pair or better. Obviously there are tricky and stupid players out there, but after sitting down at a table for 45-60 minutes you should know who they are (or more precisly you should know the people that aren't tricky or stupid).

I don't think the river card should influence your feelings about this hand, but I think what the players showed down is very enlightening. This hand screams turn better having an A, turn raiser having two pair or strong A meaning most of your outs are probably good.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:55 PM

Fold the turn. Too many of your "outs" help better hands and there is a good chance you make your hand and lose ot a better one