Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

Anyone else LOL when James referred to Todd as a stewardess?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Just a bad move by Todd and Amanda to get rid of JRB last night.
Nobody liked JRB and I believe that was his strategy all along. If nobody liked him and he was part of no alliance he would be a perfect player to drag along and use until the end.
They had a great chance to get rid of James or the three remaining from the other tribe. Now if the other three can get one to turn (Denise?) they will have equal numbers.
Getting rid of JRB was the worse move they could make strategically!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nobody liked JRB and I believe that was his strategy all along.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this was his strategy he'd have been pimping it to the cameras during interviews so he didn't look like a jackass. the fact is that JRB just didn't understand this game. In fact, as far as I can tell, Amanda is the only decent player at all this season.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:36 PM

I thought JRB played a terrible game and did an injustice to all poker players around the world. As much as he thought he was in the game he never really had the social skills to form any strong alliances. He was pretty much unpleasant to be around and would eventually find himself voted off.

If the producers wanted a poker player, they should've made a pitch for Daniel Negreanu. Daniel is a HUGE survivors fan, I would've loved to see him in there scheming LOL. He would've been great for the show.

The next week's show should be intriguing. If you really think about it, by voting off JR, Todd's alliance with James and Amanda could be in serious trouble. The fact that they left Denise in the dark could play out huge. Frosti could go back to his old tribe with PG and Eric, if they can pull Denise and possibly Courtney over. Denise has no reason now to stay with her old tribe of Todd, Amanda, and James. Courtney could care less about these 3 either.

If I was Frosti, I would definately make this power play and put himself in a good position. Either way, he's in a pretty good spot. I can't see him staying with Todd/James/Amanda for too long if he wants to win the game.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a huge James fan and am still a fan but I'm beginning to sour on him a bit just in his general attitude and thinking. I don't know if he is smart enough to realize how golden his situation is and that he only has to win 3/5 immunities MAX to be in the final 3, and furthermore that his tribemates know this and at this point will try to get rid of him at the first possible instance

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last season of survivor, the hidden imunity idols were not good in the final 4. I don't know what the rule is this time.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the producers wanted a poker player, they should've made a pitch for Daniel Negreanu. Daniel is a HUGE survivors fan, I would've loved to see him in there scheming LOL. He would've been great for the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellande wasn't their first choice, but like their 37th or something and the other 36 poker players they asked actually still have a poker career going and no interest in embarrasing themselves on national tv. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I was a huge James fan and am still a fan but I'm beginning to sour on him a bit just in his general attitude and thinking. I don't know if he is smart enough to realize how golden his situation is and that he only has to win 3/5 immunities MAX to be in the final 3, and furthermore that his tribemates know this and at this point will try to get rid of him at the first possible instance

[/ QUOTE ]

The situation with James' hidden immunity idols confronts the other players with an interesting tactical problem though if they want to get rid of him - as long as he has the idols, they have to gather enough votes against James in case he doesn't use the idol, while making sure which player gets the second most votes in case he does use it. I doubt it is possible to do that and could lead to some suprising outcomes at tribal council...
Todd basically has to give up his power of whom to vote out if it is so important for him to vote against James - he had his chance this week, maybe it was his last.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Having a well known poker player would have been pointless. If it's someone who anyone else recognized at all, they would have assumed the poker player is well off and would have voted them off immediately. This kind of came into play that one year when Danni recognized Gary Hogeboom, a former NFL QB, which was probably part of his downfall.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bellande wasn't their first choice, but like their 37th or something and the other 36 poker players they asked actually still have a poker career going and no interest in embarrasing themselves on national tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to believe that more high profile players wouldn't jump at the chance for a million dollars and be on featured on a top rated show on national TV. They love they limelight and would be great for endorsements.

Other pokker players I think would be great on survivor are Scotty Nguyen, Mike Matusow, Phil Helmuth.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they asked him i believe but it was filming during the wsop 2007 so he declined.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else LOL when James referred to Todd as a stewardess?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was funny. I think of Todd as Gollum. He's even built like act, and obvously acts like him.

1. Strategy - Either take James out or leave him alone, but DON'T wake him up by letting him see his name three times. James learned a lesson for free, and now will be on his toes, and it is highly unlikely he'll be defenceless again.

Keep in mind that it will take a minimum three week effort to get rid of James now, and I don't know if that is where to focus the attention. Historically, nobody has gone after the immuninty holder because you have to be certain of who has the 2nd most votes, and that would take a plan that would exclude James and at least one other person (the person with the 2nd # of votes). Pretty tough to pull off when you are just trying to save you own ass at this point.

James need to mope a bit now on how he doesn't trust a couple of people and won't be caught again. This should cause the group to look inward for the next person, and James (if he dare) may get away with not playing the idol again next week. He'll have to feel things out.

2. Gollum - What in the heck is Todd (Gollum) doing trying to rally to get James out ? If it gets down to the final 4 and James still has two idols, and he can only use 1, the he would surely give the other to Todd based on their joint effort to find them. In fact, you can bet that they have had that conversation about how Todd can be protected while James holds both idols.

3. James - is way smarter than most of us think. We have seen a couple of glimpses, but he is no mental lightweight, and this will become more evident as the show moves on (and afterwards).

4. Lunch Lady - James needs to give lunch lady a "trust me" talk and bring her under his wing. He can convince her that he thought she was in the loop, but he was blindsided as well.

PS. Courtney is a poster child for world hunger. That must have been really tough balancing her 30pound upper body on that barrel..lol.

Later folks