Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Live $1/$2 game, tricky AA, 250BB deep...

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone ever check the dry flop for pot control?

Also, someone mentioned re-raising the flop and folding...? How do we put in > 1/2 our stack and then fold? And actually a meaningful raise is going to be at least to $300, leaving me with $200 behind... seems awkward to put in that ratio and fold.

If I block the turn, how much am I blocking with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his range is still undefined by his actions. If u 3 bet him on flop to $220 or so, he knows you have a monster and can't shove without a set or a ballsy straight draw (if so, nh). might be crazy but i reckon you can fold to a shove because he doesnt play A9 or JJ like this on the flop. Either that or fold to his flop raise if you don't like the smell of things but it's not like this is Dan Harrington or some nit raising you. I dont see how else OOP you can find out the strength of this type of players hand without 3 betting him with a strong favorite over his range. Either that or 3bet-shove the flop, but that seems ridiculous at 250bb deep. If you feel pot committed with 3 bet then go broke or fold on flop. mr. inbetween is not a great option IMO.

turn blocker i would try like $130 into a pot of around $240ish then see how he reacts. Same price as 3betting him on flop but more information gained earlier IMO plus you fold out the 9's/str8 draws that want to draw in position.