Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: I am tapped

[ QUOTE ]
What an utter disaster...I think we all saw this coming.

GL staying away from poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

GL not getting your ass handed to you in real life .
Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM

Hey -- don't give up. Give WPEX a try...I usually play the 5/10 tables...hope to see you there.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:05 AM

"However, then, a breakthrough. I final tabled one of the new 20$/180 tourneys, and cashed for 300$. Then, I went on a heater like you wouldn't believe.

I started at 5/10"

I stoped reading here, susprised you busted. It does sound like you could use some help. Seriously your in collage man, show some self control.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and was on my last 40$,

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I final tabled one of the new 20$/180 tourneys

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and cashed for 300$.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started at 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started with a 500$ deposit and luckily ran good at the 20/40 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I put another $750 on stars and sat 30/60.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ran 1500 on absolute up to over 10K in the soft 40/80 games

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ran 600 on full tilt up to 9K playing 10/25 NL

[/ QUOTE ]
Bank.
Roll.
Management.
Jesus, if your this dumb you deserve to be broke.
[ QUOTE ]
I got sick of bodogs horrendous software and equally horrendous players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Got a move to where they respect your raises right?
[ QUOTE ]
After getting access to 100/200, I quickly sat down and had a -$2K losing session at a full table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa! A 10 BB loss? Impossible!

Also, how does this happen?

[ QUOTE ]
I had no money and owed my parents $1,000.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I owe $2K to my friend

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Caro: "Don't use your bankroll like a tournament buy in".

Seriously, even if you're the best player in the world, the playing with less then 20 BBs at a level is just stupid, obviously you had to think that eventually variance would hit and you'd lose everything didn't you?

If it wasn't for people like you congress wouldn't be calling for the ban of online poker. Thanks for doing the rest of us this unjustice.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:06 AM

Everytime you talk about "the worst day," you destroy your opponents -lol.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:49 AM

let's leave the bumping of this thread for HIV himself, please. It'll save him from making a sequel thread.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't for people like you congress wouldn't be calling for the ban of online poker. Thanks for doing the rest of us this unjustice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be the one to bump this thread, but I had to respond to this quote. I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for people like him, it wouldn't be possible to make a living playing high-limit poker. Seriously, where do you think all the money comes from? Irresponsible idiots blowing huge sums of money they can't afford is the heart of the poker economy, not it's downfall.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be the one to bump this thread, but I had to respond to this quote. I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for people like him, it wouldn't be possible to make a living playing high-limit poker. Seriously, where do you think all the money comes from? Irresponsible idiots blowing huge sums of money they can't afford is the heart of the poker economy, not it's downfall.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just made his point for him. The fact that a young guy like HIV can blow thousands of dollars on online with a click of the mouse may be good for other poker players, but is also part of the reason why online poker may one day be banned. Government spends a lot of time trying to protect its citizens from themselves, and HIV is the poster child for the "evils" of online gambling.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:52 PM

I didn't really make his point for him. I think you just missed my point. My point is that the very nature of poker is that the vast majority of players lose, many of them for very large amounts of money. This is the whole point of the game.

There seems to be a minority attitude sprouting up that poker would be a better place if everyone played responsibly within their BR and never tilted, when in reality, this would just make it impossible to beat any level above the micros. Bad, emotional, irresponsible players lose large amounts of money to the poker sites, and to a few good players. That's the point of the game we play.

Besides, it sounds like this guy only lost money that he won playing poker anyway. If you can't stand the idea of someone losing their winnings, how are you going to cope with the idea of some guy with a wife and kids who goes through $75,000?

As a libertarian, I don't have any philosophical problem with it. People's money is their own and they should be free to do with as they wish. If they want to risk it in a high-stakes poker game, that's their prerogative. But trying to create some "poker utopia" where no one loses or even where no one loses more than they can comfortably afford is just downright silly.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People's money is their own and they should be free to do with as they wish. If they want to risk it in a high-stakes poker game, that's their prerogative. But trying to create some "poker utopia" where no one loses or even where no one loses more than they can comfortably afford is just downright silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put

We don't tell people that they can't drop $30k on designer clothes, luxurious travel, or internet stocks; nor should we tell them that they can't drop it gambling.

Is losing that kind of money [censored] stupid? Yes

But freedom means freedom to do the [censored] stupid.