Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
God it tilts me so hard when morons bet like 137 or [censored] like that. I'll spend the rest of the match trying to even out my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote an addon for full tilt that gives me a 2/3 pot button. I use it a *lot*, and it puts up weird numbers like that, because it doesn't do any rounding. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One of the reasons I get asked if I'm a bot from time to time, I guess.

Actually it's pretty interesting to hear that you try to even out your stacks. Quite a few people start throwing out weird numbers after I do. It never occured to me that they might be trying to round out the stacks.

I probably do drive them nuts, if that's the case.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God it tilts me so hard when morons bet like 137 or [censored] like that. I'll spend the rest of the match trying to even out my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote an addon for full tilt that gives me a 2/3 pot button. I use it a *lot*, and it puts up weird numbers like that, because it doesn't do any rounding. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

One of the reasons I get asked if I'm a bot from time to time, I guess.

Actually it's pretty interesting to hear that you try to even out your stacks. Quite a few people start throwing out weird numbers after I do. It never occured to me that they might be trying to round out the stacks.

I probably do drive them nuts, if that's the case.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never even played you and I hate you.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:10 AM

This really annoys the living f*ck out of me. When people cannot fold AK just for the mere fact that it is a very powerful premium hand PREFLOP. BTW, you all were right about the $20s and $30s having a lot of idiots, but this is just beyond stupidity.

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 1,500
Hero (BB): 1,500

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to 55</font>, Hero calls 35

Flop: (110) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 225</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 1,445 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 1,220 and is All-In

Turn: (3,000) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (3,000) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 3,000 Pot
SB showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and WON 3,000 (+1,500 NET)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Jacks) and LOST (-1,500 NET)
Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This really annoys the living f*ck out of me. When people cannot fold AK just for the mere fact that it is a very powerful premium hand PREFLOP. BTW, you all were right about the $20s and $30s having a lot of idiots, but this is just beyond stupidity.

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 1,500
Hero (BB): 1,500

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to 55</font>, Hero calls 35

Flop: (110) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 225</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 1,445 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 1,220 and is All-In

Turn: (3,000) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (3,000) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 3,000 Pot
SB showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and WON 3,000 (+1,500 NET)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Jacks) and LOST (-1,500 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think his play is horrible. I'm not a big fan of it, and would personally not do it, but he probably figures he could be drawing to as many as 10 outs twice over, along with some FE on his push.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 AM

you r just steaming, but his play is not very bad. There are wa-a-ay more crazy plays.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM

So yesterday I discovered that 1/2 6-max cap PLO is a gigantic fishtank. This is among the first hands I played yesterday:

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $13</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($30, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $65</font>, BB calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($160, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: $160
Hero showed 3d 8c As Js
BB showed Qd 6s 9s Qh

And the conversation afterwards:

BB: bad luck heh
BB: damn coolers =)
BB: so sick =(
BB: ouch

BB: oh there goes my bankroll lol
BB (Observer): @%##

I of course, being an exploiting jerk, tried to reassure that the flush over flush hand was a cooler and not overplaying a hand. Of course, the delicious taste of busto sort of negated that, but whatever.