Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: DO NOT WANT C/R/3bet AI vs. LAG. $10.5 tournament

This is a raised pot, not a limped pot. Maybe I'm misreading this, but villain bets 50% of flops, but has only cbet 2 of 2 chances (meaning you've called OOP 2x so far). There are a ton of hands beating you here and you're way too deep to make this kind of marginal push, I fold here.

You sound frustrated/tilted in your post but your chip stack is even and stacks are super deep. You'll have plenty of time to adjust your range and hit some hands to find out if he really "has it" every time.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:41 AM

And I think preflop is probably bad, especially given you check raised him without a plan or idea of what to do next.

Not to be mean, it's ok to find yourself in a tough spot, but when it involves calling with marginal hands preflop that probably pushes it over the edge and into "bad call."
Old 11-18-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop fold flop. Simple imo.

All you beat is a bluff and a draw (and most likely by not much). What do you expect him to show up with here?

edit: and the c/r is debatable imo. Lead the flop or c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I agree. I don't think calling pre is that big a problem though. It's very likely villain makes mistakes post, and if we're confident in our ability postflop, we could make up the tiny loss from calling with 97o here.

Flop was played badly imo. Here I agree with hra completely. Bet out or c/c. Personally, I'd c/c, and lead most turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your c/c bet line, Dromar, if villain was a competent player. If villain is aggressive monkey, folding the flop is the best play because of reverse implied odds. Also, against aggressive monkey, hands like that are not playable preflop even against a minraise because they will bluff the hell out of you.