Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Default 6/12 live, huge pot, this is what I did with my set.

9 handed, Saturday night. I’ve only been at the table for an orbit or so, but thus far it has been pretty loose and aggressive preflop. Perhaps raised preflop 50% and 4-6 callers each time. It also appears, based on table talk, that the individual immediately to my left (i.e., maniac) has been raising many hands with mediocre hands.

UTG limps, I raise with black TT, maniac 3-bets, 2 cold callers, SB folds, BB calls, I count 6 players and 4-bet, 4 call, and BB 5-bets (!), we all call the cap.

Flop AQT rainbow

BB bets, I raise, 3 callers, BB 3-bets, I 4-bet, 3 callers, BB calls.

Turn 8c of one of the rainbows.

BB bets, I call, everyone calls.

River 2 no possible flush.

BB bets, I call crying…..

Standard or too aggressive somewhere?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: 6/12 live, huge pot, this is what I did with my set.

Wow, if I counted things right there are 25 BB in the pot as the turn card is flipped. I think I raise the turn, is that spewy? I know all gutshots still have odds to continue but you can always try to fold someone out. If BB fires again I just call down, I don't think he necessarily needs to have AA here (yesterday I played against an opponent who checkraised preflop half a dozen times, twice with 82s and another time he bet/folded an AKx flop).
Old 09-24-2007, 02:43 PM

I think I read in Sklansky somewhere that we want to avoid "madcapping" with less than premium holdings at a wild table. Admittedly I'm fairly tight, so others will disagree, but I'd have just called PF with TT and kept the pot as small as possible to avoid a war with the lunatic. Also, I think at a LP table KJ is definitely within capping range here, especially by the maniac, so that flop has the smell of misfortune on it. I like c/c'ing the flop and c/r'ing the turn.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:57 PM

raise the turn

we have a set
Old 09-24-2007, 03:02 PM

the only think that beats you from the BB is K J ( with AA or QQ i thik he would capped pf) could be he holds somthink like AK or AQ i think i would raise the turn it's likly that you're ahead and if someone allready has the straight you loose only very litte (if so) you have 10 outs for f.h. or better and you'll get a lot of callers anyway.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM

I think you are looking at AT AQ AK a lot here. I hate that the BB leads you again after you raise PF and flop, as if he's waiting to find out if that flush card will come. I say raise the turn and call down from that point on, like when he leads the river.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:49 PM

Hey Mr. C, been trying to think of a reason why I wouldn't want to raise the turn & I really can't yet. I guess we can't be sure if the BB would call the PF raise and then cap PF with AA since it is so early on in your session and the only one you have somewhat of a read on is the maniac dude. Unless you have something you can tell us about the BB.

PF with TT as this table who likes(as count said)PF raising and just calling the 3, or 4 betting like OP did?

I played some 8/16 yestserday and I saw a few limp- reraisers. Yesterday they weren't KK or AA like they are lot of the times. One was JTs the other was AQo
Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM

Oops sorry c/r not available here.. (duh).. all that action PF makes me think that there's paint-a-plenty out there.. i'd call down
Old 09-24-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF makes me think that there's paint-a-plenty out there.. i'd call down

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather lose 2 big bets to a 3 bet than the whole pot when i let someone with a gutshot hit.

raise the turn.

EDIT: remember folks, a lot of the money in limit comes from how you play the turn and river. preflop and the flop are usually easy to play. the interesting decisions come on the later streets and those separate the men from the boys.

in this hand, like many hands, big street aggression is your friend. use it to your advantage.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard or too aggressive somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

not aggressive enough.