Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul on Subprime

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to talk about HUD as I have no experience in HUD. You brought up the DoD losing trillions. I'd like to know how they managed to lose that much, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that's the point. it would be nice to know where all that money went or whatever. but the point is that the DOD won't tell congress, or at least the people who ask.

anyway my point was that, hey it's impossible to have spent a trillion or 2 in iraq, since all the tanks and trucks only add up to 300 billion or so.

anyway I'm sure you've heard of the 50 billion in cash that went to iraq and no one knows where it went? I mean that's 50 bill right there that has been "lost" and can't be accounted for.

ok maybe it was 12 billion, whatever.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

fixed url
Old 09-03-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to talk about HUD as I have no experience in HUD. You brought up the DoD losing trillions. I'd like to know how they managed to lose that much, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that's the point. it would be nice to know where all that money went or whatever. but the point is that the DOD won't tell congress, or at least the people who ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming it all went somewhere. Provide some evidence that $2.3 trillion was lost by an agency with 1/10th of that as its annual budget and maybe we'll start getting somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
anyway my point was that, hey it's impossible to have spent a trillion or 2 in iraq, since all the tanks and trucks only add up to 300 billion or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was impossible to spend a trillion on Iraq. I asked how it was possible to lose more than 2x every single dollar spent on this 4.5 year war. You are asking us to believe the Pentagon lost this amount without supporting data.

[ QUOTE ]
anyway I'm sure you've heard of the 50 billion in cash that went to iraq and no one knows where it went? I mean that's 50 bill right there that has been "lost" and can't be accounted for.

ok maybe it was 12 billion, whatever.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

fixed url

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so $12B was somehow without proper documentation aqnd records as it was being disbursed in a wartorn country with a fractured government in the midst of reconstruction. Now, all you have to do is link to the other $2288 billion you are claiming was also lost (in other words, you have 99.5% still to go)
Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so $12B was somehow without proper documentation aqnd records as it was being disbursed in a wartorn country with a fractured government in the midst of reconstruction. Now, all you have to do is link to the other $2288 billion you are claiming was also lost (in other words, you have 99.5% still to go)

[/ QUOTE ]

your misssing the point. it's undisputed that the amount was spent. what is unknown is where it was spent. the DOD agrees with the above two statements, btw.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your misssing the point. it's undisputed that the amount was spent. what is unknown is where it was spent. the DOD agrees with the above two statements, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

link (regarding "trillions")?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
google/youtube rep. cynthia mckinney asking rumsfeld in open hearings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RvLL--vSsA

[/ QUOTE ]

OK im gonna watch this but McKinney make Neilsio look sane, reasonable, and down to earth. I dont doubt that there are serious sums of missing money but, maybe you should help your cause finding someone who isnt batshit insane.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK im gonna watch this but McKinney make Neilsio look sane, reasonable, and down to earth. I dont doubt that there are serious sums of missing money but, maybe you should help your cause finding someone who isnt batshit insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

does rumsfeld deny it? does he? when asked, does he deny that pentagon can't account for major sums of money?
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does rumsfeld deny it? does he? when asked, does he deny that pentagon can't account for major sums of money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll ask again: How does the Pentagon lose 10x its budget in 1 year?

Rep McKinney states in the video:

"Fiscal year 99, $2.3 trillion missing. Fiscal year 2000, $1.1 trillion missing."

She is implying that the Pentagon misplaced $2.3 trillion in 1999, a year in which its entire budget was $270 billion (~1/10th of what she claims was lost). You said before that this was over a number of years. This makes no sense. If it's over a number of years, then why did she specify it by year? And if that was a total sum, then by her own questioning, the Pentagon must have somehow FOUND $1.2 *TRILLION* (> 5 times its budget) in 2000 ($2.3 trillion - $1.1 trillion).

I think the only reason Rummy gave a vague evasive answer is because he didn't know wtf she was talking about and thought it was wiser to play it down rather than ask a Congresswomen if she was freaking high as a kite or as as dumb as a rock.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only reason Rummy gave a vague evasive answer is because he didn't know wtf she was talking about and thought it was wiser to play it down than ask a Congresswomen if she was freaking high as a kite.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then when the woman assistant I think answers, what does she say? the assistant says the pentagon can't do any kind of audit because their computers can't talk to each other or something.

so the strict answer is that nobody knows.

btw, rumsfeld and all those guys know to object in a timely manner.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the only reason Rummy gave a vague evasive answer is because he didn't know wtf she was talking about and thought it was wiser to play it down than ask a Congresswomen if she was freaking high as a kite.

[/ QUOTE ]

and then when the woman assistant I think answers, what does she say? the assistant says the pentagon can't do any kind of audit because their computers can't talk to each other or something.

so the strict answer is that nobody knows.

btw, rumsfeld and all those guys know to object in a timely manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you please stop avoiding this very basic question:

HOW COULD THE PENTAGON LOSE 10X ITS ENTIRE BUDGET IN A YEAR (MORE THAN DOUBLE THE ENTIRE FEDERAL BUDGET)?

(Follow-up: And if they did somehow lose every dollar in the US treasury *twice*, how was it that only Rep McKinney noticed?)
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 PM

man u r lazy.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...8/MN251738.DTL

[ QUOTE ]
WHAT HAPPENED TO $1 TRILLION?

Though Defense has long been notorious for waste, recent government reports suggest the Pentagon's money management woes have reached astronomical proportions. A study by the Defense Department's inspector general found that the Pentagon couldn't properly account for more than a trillion dollars in monies spent. A GAO report found Defense inventory systems so lax that the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you get that? oh wait, maybe you want the don himself on video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU