Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: AYAAH, Electronic poker table at Artichoke Joe\'s

I would think it would make a lot more sense to use it for the Omaha game. That is what they were using it for the one time I saw one, at Hollywood Park (although no one was playing at it there).
Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Im out of town for the next week but Ill be interested in seeing this in person. If they lose any staff over this I hope its only 1 specific floorperson, everyone else at AJs is pretty good to deal with.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:33 PM

As I see it, it's kind of like worrying that fast food will kill fine dining. They're just qualitatively different experiences.

Recreational players are in it for that experience, not for upping their hands-per-hour stats or nitting themselves to death over the EV of toking the dealer. And let's be clear: live poker is ALL about the recreational player. The sharks and wannabe pros are purely incidental to the game. In the long run, they'll go where the recreational players go.

On the other hand, if the guys that obsess over every point of EV all were to migrate to etables, well, perhaps that's a net positive for the real games too. If it draws the tougher/tighter players away, it seems to me that will leave more money on the table for the casual players and keep the skill level more balanced [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Food for thought, I suppose.

q/q
Old 08-30-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think it would make a lot more sense to use it for the Omaha game. That is what they were using it for the one time I saw one, at Hollywood Park (although no one was playing at it there).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to co-opt the thread, but I'm interested in the mechanics of these things in a room.

How does a game get started on these things? Are rooms employing props to start games short handed? There's no list, I assume. Is there? When someone leaves the game, who gets the next spot and who reports the empty seat to the floor?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:03 PM

I’ll be in the area today, so I might head over to AJ’s to check it out, if only for the novelty of the experience. I haven’t played 3/6 in years though.

I’m also curious about how the floor handles seating, etc., for an e-table.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they lose any staff over this I hope its only 1 specific floorperson, everyone else at AJs is pretty good to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

A moustache perchance?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they lose any staff over this I hope its only 1 specific floorperson, everyone else at AJs is pretty good to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

A moustache perchance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Really just unpleasant about everything and I dont know why since AJs has to be the easiest room for a floorperson Ive ever seen. I haven't seen him much recently though since Ive been playing weekend afternoons which is nice.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:04 PM

For the longest time I just thought he was putting people on with his behavior, so it didn't bother me. I just couldn't believe that someone in that position could actually get away acting like that. Then I came to the same realization as you.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Follow up on-AYAAH, Electronic poker table at Artichoke Joe\'s

I was by there this afternoon and they are using the electronic poker table for $40 no-limit sit-n-go's.

My guess is that this will be a goldmine for the internet players. Imagine a table full of passive, limit, live cash players!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Follow up on-AYAAH, Electronic poker table at Artichoke Joe\'s

[ QUOTE ]

My guess is that this will be a goldmine for the internet players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say ... maybe true for those few who still remember how to beat a game without PokerTracker!