Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Flop a set, now what?

Make sure you are 100% full stack at all times?
Old 10-05-2007, 06:49 PM

I tend to. This was a hand on Sportbook, and I'm moving from them to PokerStars, so I took out most of my money, but left in the extra 14.96 that made an uneven amount. I just decided to play it out, and this is where it went.

But yes, once I get my epassporte up and am on PS, I'll make sure I stay stacked up.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say I was, and I bet out and he had reraised me all-in. Do you call there?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say I was, and I bet out and he had reraised me all-in. Do you call there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you not call??

There are now two flush draws. The only thing that got there was a gutter on turn.

I am wanting to play for my stack on flop or turn (and prob river).
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM

reload stack, yes, stack off in these spots, very unprofitable not to.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM

I didn't say I would fold it. I'd call, I'm just being the stupid second-guesser since I lost all my monies, and in that case I'd have lost even more monies. I just gotta keep hearing that it would have been the right move, so I don't psyche myself out.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit Edit: I mostly just shove, but against bluffy aggro opponents I might try a small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm REALLY not a fan of a small bet on the turn, here. Check out that board: two clubs, two spades, very connected. We're going to be spooked if we see a 6, a J, a spade, or a club. More to the point, if villain has a hand like AT then HE'S going to be spooked by any of those cards, too, and he might be able to escape with his stack intact on the river. This is a really good time to bet big, expecting to get called by all sorts of hands and 100% spot-on ALWAYS committing to call every river bet, period, end of story.

It seems like the pot is about $8.25 and you've got about $10.50 behind. I'd probably drop $8 on the turn and push the rest in on the river -- the $8 is less than pot-sized, so if villain is bad enough he can talk himself into calling with a draw. The last $2.50 will be into a $25ish pot, and villain can call that with nearly any two cards.

If you've got a read that villain calls a push here very often, then go ahead and push. Otherwise, feel free to use both streets -- you're both short enough that you create a HUGE mistake for your opponent on the turn if he calls and on the river if he folds. Soak up those FTOP error bucks!

Oh, and don't get caught up on the fact that villain had the ONE HAND that stacks you, here. That happens. If it makes you feel any better I'm currently on the Queen Mother of all Downswings, and since I play at the $100NL tables that means I'm losing MUCH more money than you. So it could be worse! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]