Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Had a blood-boiling experience at Best Buy this morning...

So I picked up a few CDs and the Godfather box set (score) and I entered the line to proceed to the checkout. Like most Best Buys, you enter into a queue (sp) and when a salesperson opens up you walk over to that checkout area. I was next in line and there were about 4-5 people behind me.

I hear someone say, "Shoooooot. [censored] this, mang." I turned around to see who it is that is totally disregarding the children/families in the vicinity. I turn just in time to see this guy look at the line in disgust, then unhook a divider rope and just walk up to one of the checkout lines. Excuse us for waiting in line, sir.

I make this scoffing sound and the next thing I know I can feel him burning a whole the side of my head with his eyes. So I decide to look over. We have a staring contest for a full 7 seconds. He is actually glaring at me so intensely as if I were the rudest person alive! It was a "what did you just say/you can't do [censored]" look that I got from him, so at this point I started steaming, but he's right, I can't do [censored] about it. I am about to graduate from law school and if anything were to happen whatsoever I could kiss that goodbye (had some PIs in undergrad, so it would be the kiss of death for me).

There is one thing that I would like to point out. I am a perceptive person (except when it comes to my girlfriend lolz). The fact that you put on a 5XL white tee when you woke up this morning does not make you any bigger. He thought he was pretty tough but I could see his arms and his frame and I would have put my money on Calysta Flockhart if they were to scrap. I wear an XL and fill it out and I would have handled the guy without dropping my newly found CDs and DVDs, but it's never worth it.

I guess we could make this a 'choose your own adventure thing' and see if anyone would have done things differently. I am guessing that there are a few who may have said something, but that most would just deal with it.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Had a blood-boiling experience at Best Buy this morning...

OP - why, at some point, did you or someone else not pipe up and say "Back of the line, buddy"?

-Al
Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Cause it happened kinda fast and I think I was so blown away by how blatently rude it was that I froze up a little. The people behind me all saw it and immediately turned straight ahead with a "oh god a gangster is over there breaking the rules, if i just pretend I didnt see it maybe he won't kill us all right here right now..." look on their faces.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:15 PM

My favorite part is the law school excuse for not doing anything, as though you would have had a good ol' fashioned Best Buy Brawl otherwise.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:15 PM

Cliff notes: black guy scared OP at the Best Buy.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:16 PM

You were a pussy in both of your recent posts. Sorry if I missed your manly ones.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes: black guy punked OP at the Best Buy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Yea because your two options in that situation are definetly JUST "scowling" and kicking his ass in the store.

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite part is the law school excuse for not doing anything, as though you would have had a good ol' fashioned Best Buy Brawl otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol not the point whatsoever. I haven't been in a fight in 6 years and I'm a little old for it at this point. I think it'd be kinda embarrassing to tell my family I am facing assault charges for confronting someone playing "cutsies". If I have any interaction with the cops other than just an innocent conversation it has to be disclosed, so yeah im not willing to risk that.