Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Tough spot deep vs. v. tough tag

25/50 stacks about 17.5

Villain is a very tough shorthanded player on party, TeeElJay. I am pretty aggro tonite as usual but not crazy. My range on the flop is pretty wide when I cr all the weak money in the pot. Whats the plan on the flop vs the 3bet? I will post my action and the turn card later. I will also take debates on the flop cr but I think its pretty standard.

arty Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($17620.50)
Button ($19195)
SB ($8636)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $25.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $175</font>, SB (poster) calls $150, Hero calls $125.

Flop: ($525) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $400</font>, SB calls $400, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2900</font>, SB folds

-Mike
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Tough spot deep vs. v. tough tag

I dont think the flop cr is odd, I too would have a wide range here, but I would rarely check raise to 1200 here...pot 1.7 with your call, then you raise 800? If I'm pulling the trigger it's 1.8k min.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 AM

I think this deep a flop CR isn't great, even though you often pick up decent amount of dead money. Agree with AZK that it should be bigger, too. This is a pretty ugly spot, I think call and CR a blank is good.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM

sick.

c/r definitely has to be bigger. i have no clue what to do here. i don't think a fold is bad, though.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:36 AM

T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ONE TIME BABY!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 AM

I'm pretty sure if we make a 4th bet he will fold almost all wores hands (speciifcally baby flushes and sometimes sets depending on odds you give him) so I don't like that.

Folding here is tough but if he doesn't 3bet light in this situation it's perfectly ok as you can likely be drwaing to 1 out. Calling seems ok too but being OOP really bites here since the texture of the turn really affects how the hand will play out. I think if I called flop I would lead a lot of non-threatening turns rather than go for a check-raise because he will likely check behind K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on turn and sometimes sets as he will read you as v strong. I will probably just c-f if turn is another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or it pairs board.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:46 AM

I was SB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure if we make a 4th bet he will fold almost all wores hands (speciifcally baby flushes and sometimes sets depending on odds you give him) so I don't like that.

Folding here is tough but if he doesn't 3bet light in this situation it's perfectly ok as you can likely be drwaing to 1 out. Calling seems ok too but being OOP really bites here since the texture of the turn really affects how the hand will play out. I think if I called flop I would lead a lot of non-threatening turns rather than go for a check-raise because he will likely check behind K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on turn and sometimes sets as he will read you as v strong. I will probably just c-f if turn is another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or it pairs board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this except for the folding part, I think folding the flop is really awful especially considering your large range, how deep you are and the size of your check raise, villian can have tons of hands +air here.

I like call, lead blank turns.

also I will echo the sentiment that you should be raising at least 3/4pot here.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 PM

Are you guys leading turn smallish, just to protect your hand because you think villain will check most of his draws? Or do you really think you get called by worse?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:27 PM

btw, like I said at the table I had AJ this hand ;P