Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Beat: USD Is The Worst [censored] Law School Ever

[ QUOTE ]
Handicap thingy to hang on your mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had ankle surgery last semester and was on crutches so I had a handicap permit. And there would be days where I would get to school and every single handicap parking spot would be full. So I would just turn around and go home.

Eventually I stopped trying and didn't go to school for the last two months (even after my leg got better). I spent a total of 12 hours studying for each of my finals and could barely answer any of the questions on the test. In the end though I still got straight B's, thank god for the curve and my retarded classmates.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize that undergrad had started up already, which every year results in all parking spots being taken early.

So this morning I arrive at school about 20 minutes before class and not a single [censored] parking spot. I circle like a goddamned shark for 20 minutes finding nothing. By now I'm already late for class so I say [censored] it and drive back home.

Planning on going to my second class at 2:30 I arrive back at school at 2:10 and again find no place to put my car. I circle and again nothing. 4 other cars are slowly following the only student in sight, stalking him like prey, making the circling go even slower.

For the rest of the semester I'll have to get up early and ship off to school just so I can get a parking spot. Only to sit in the library for a few hours waiting for class to start. Then at lunch I'll go sit in the library again, because if I move my car then I won't be able to find parking later.

This is what we pay 35k a year for? DIAGF you mother [censored] [censored] sucking money grubbing bastards.

Cliff notes:
Beat: Couldn't go to class today because there was no parking
Brag: Didn't feel guilty about not going to class today because there was no parking
Variance: There is an Asian dude who sits in front of me in my IP class and reads 2+2 while enjoying the heart pounding action of a play money ring game on pokerroom.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey neighbor;
I'll probably regret doing this because if I ever run into you while waiting for the tram, I'll know exactly who you are, but here's a little secret: Manchester Village, the upperclassmen and graduate student housing, is down at the bottom of the hill, by the practice football stadium (in between the Vistas and the JCP, just down the way from either), and it is gated in. On the other side of the gate is a street lined with grey (not red, not yellow) curb, where you can park (FOR FREE!) and then sneak through and come wait for the tram.

Here's a newsflash, though: showing up with only twenty minutes to find parking is incredibly optimistic and stupid. You would have the same problem at any other school. You're going to have to show up about twenty minutes early for the tram (I'd say 25) to ensure that you get there on time, since they don't run on a schedule. USD is about as superficial as its students, and it spends more money planning the landscaping then the transportation situation. It's even on the "You know you're a Torero when..." posters. GL!

edited to say: You know what's even more annoying? That we're paying FORTY FOUR thousand a year and stupid law students are taking our parking spots. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 10:57 PM

Trolley to Morena, hike a mile FTW.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a newsflash, though: showing up with only twenty minutes to find parking is incredibly optimistic and stupid. You would have the same problem at any other school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cal Poly has fairly bad parking problems, and to compound it they just tore up a parking lot (the one with all the cars in it in the link below) a couple yrs ago to put up some new buildings, but I could always find a spot fairly easily ~20 minutes before class. The only question was which end of this delightful Google Maps trip it would be at (the dirt patch at the top was always a solid backup, but that walk was a pain in the ass).
Old 09-06-2007, 12:38 AM

Hey guys Tulane is right in the middle of a huge neighborhood with free parking everywhere!!!! Yay!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 AM

I apologize for being so over the top with my rant. I was just really frustrated today and needed to vent. Thanks for providing me this outlet. USD has great professors and I have learned a lot during my time there. That said, the people who run the place don't do a good job IMHO and considering how much they charge I expect better.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys Wayne State is right in the middle of Detroit with free parking in the hood!!!! Yay my car getting broken into!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha.... at least there is a Cotixan just down the hill...

[/ QUOTE ]

JV's > Santana's > Cotixan
Old 09-06-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha.... at least there is a Cotixan just down the hill...

[/ QUOTE ]

JV's &gt; Santana's &gt; Cotixan &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt; Food available on USD campus

[/ QUOTE ]