Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-26-2007, 03:24 PM

Default 20/40 Heads Up Razz hand on Full Tilt

1st razz post, comments on all streets appreciated.

Thanks.

Razz ($20/$40), Ante $3, Bring-In $6 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises

4th Street - (6.30 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (3.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (7.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.15 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (9.15 BB - $366)
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Heads Up Razz hand on Full Tilt

I wouldn't 3-bet 3rd, It gives awat too much informayion and doesn't accomplish much.

I also think the check behind on 4th gives away that you paired.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM

Agreed, and this might sound a little whacky but I usually 3-bet 5th in this spot because I want to represent the 8 draw and I'm never that far behind anyway. After the check on 4th it might be a hard sell, however...
Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 PM

i pretty much agree with the first two posters but what hte hell is your opponent doing on 5th? (24)JAA? putting you on a jack draw? that would be sick.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i pretty much agree with the first two posters but what hte hell is your opponent doing on 5th? (24)JAA? putting you on a jack draw? that would be sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
My read is villain assumed OP paired on 4th. Villain may have not as good starting cards as OP, but assumes he is ahead on 5th because he didn't pair 4th and OP did.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 PM

betgo,
if i dont 3bet 3rd, then i would be bet/folding 5th? becos i still wouldnt bet 4rth.

& i'm not really understanding y no 3bet 3rd, in all likelihood i have the best hand at the moment (though by a negligible margin), but my opponent is 'bigfacecat', who likes to play the small bet streets very aggresively. so its very possible he would BI/2bet a hand like 92J or 9AJ, just to see if i'm gonna back down.

anyway, thanks for the advice thus far, razz is a real interesting game & i'm still learning a bunch
Old 11-26-2007, 08:26 PM

Here's the thing about bigface - if you show him any sign of weakness at all he goes crazy. By checking 4th, he is assuming you have either paired or didn't start well. I'm 3-betting 5th street 100% of the time in this spot vs. bigface. If you did this, he would've folded 6th when he hit the K which is very favorable because if you brick out on 7th you might lose the pot...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:28 PM

btw, learning at 20/40? Ballin...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM

okay bigfacecat aside ( ill pretend this is your avg competent razzer ) i like to rr 3rd especially because you DONT have an A or 2 in the hole, i think its more discreet. that said you need to follow up and bet fourth-6th and c/c seventh. you have a better chance of your opponent bluffing the worst hand then calling with it. you probably dont want any call youre going to get.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

razz is stupid.