Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Strange hand vs CTS

Interesting hand, i like it...
First, does CTS consider you to be a 'folder' or a 'caller', or perhaps neither...? This is a spot where his action is sure to be player-dependent, especially if you have a lot of history with him, and he is much more likely to show up with a semi-bluff here if he thinks he can get you to fold JJ or QQ.

As posted, I do think it's reasonable that CTS will show up with a semi-bluff here, in the hopes of getting hero to lay down JJ/QQ if he thinks that the hero would lay down this hand in that spot. Hero did open UTG, and if he is even reasonably tight, then it's unlikely he calls too many reraises oop with 88-TT, especially given that you say that you two don't [censored] with each other too much, and more likely he has JJ, QQ, even KK here. Those are hands that for sure CTS could expect to profitably semi-bluff a reasonable amount of the time.
If CTS does not think hero will lay down JJ/QQ often, then I can't see this being a bluff, and he might even show up with AA or KK here, although likely a 7 or even 66.

So, I guess my final answer is: not enough information is provided about your style (how about vpip/r?) most importantly, and also how you think CTS views you...
Old 11-23-2007, 07:53 AM

Not going to quote Nick's entire post, but

" Folding at this point in the hand nets you zero EV from here on out, "

this is all you need to know. This is how we analyze decisions. If you want to analyze entire lines, like Nick seems to, you're not looking at the decision on the turn after Cole shoves, you're looking at the decision on the turn before anyone's acted.

Saying the original turn decision is more interesting/relevant, like Nick does, is of course reasonable, but I definitely don't think the decision whether or not to call the shove is uninteresting/irrelevant and that you should flip a coin instead.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 PM

i know asking for results is ghey, but after everyone gets a chance to chime in... i'd love to know what you decided on OP
Old 11-24-2007, 02:00 AM

agree with those who hate the turnbet when it puts you in such a tough spot like this. my first instinct was to CRAI on this turn. those of you who have said you check the turn, what is your plan from there?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:01 AM

tram,
Did you recently change your location or has it been that for awhile? Either way vnh.