Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-20-2007, 07:52 PM

Default River bet with AA vs preflop cap

Sitting at the .02/.04 at Stars, trying to turn a free $1.50 into more than $1.50.

No read on Villain, but the table's typically loose, not overly aggressive.

I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from UTG+1.

Preflop:

UTG raises, <font color="red">I 3-bet </font>, <font color="#666666"> two or three folds</font> , Villain caps, <font color="#666666">a few folds </font>, BB calls, UTG calls, I call.

This can't be bad, can it?

Flop:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

UTG checks, <font color="red"> I lead </font>, Villain raises, one caller, UTG <font color="#666666"> folds </font>. <font color="red"> I 3-bet </font>, Villain calls, third guy calls.

I figure QQ is capping here, so I have to put him on KK, JJ, AK, maybe AQ. Maybe even something like 99+, but I don't have the kind of read to narrow Villain's holdings down any further. I'm not really concerned with the second caller, as the board is pretty dry.

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red">I lead </font>, Villain calls, third player drops.

Pretty straight forward bet.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">I bet </font>...

...even though AK just got there, and so did lots of two-pair type hands, although I'm not sure Villain would be capping with those.

Is this a typical river bet against an unknown? First two thirds of the hand is pretty standard, but I think I'm getting called enough by inferior hands often enough to make this lead +EV. The only really problem is that I can't put the Villain on a hand where he caps pf with something I can beat.

-Q
Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: River bet with AA vs preflop cap

Looks good to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Nice hand.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:57 PM

Yes, bet for value (there are some holdings calling you there that you beat), but FOLD as soon as it's raised.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Grunch:

[ QUOTE ]
The only really problem is that I can't put the Villain on a hand where he caps pf with something I can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK?

PF, F, T, right for me.
I think B/C the river is fine here.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but if he might be raising me somewhere. It's definitely a possibility.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, bet for value (there are some holdings calling you there that you beat), but FOLD as soon as it's raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I think b/c might be okay. Pot is huge so we only need to be good 5.4% of the time for this to be a profitable call.

And while I've never personally played full ring nano stakes, from what I hear, people can go nuts with inferior holdings at $0.02/$0.04. So, I don't know if we really want to respect an unknown's raise at this level when we only need to be good 5.4% of the time...?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 PM

I cant bring myself to fold to a raise in a pot that size either but river is an easy bet IMO.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 PM

good play, river bet, call a raise
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM

bet. call raise. start developing a read. ? profit.

there are games and players where you can b/f or c/c here but unknown 2c/4c players is not this sort of game/player

btw it is always good to see potsizes in posted hands. Q, I like how you gave comments and tried handranging etc...but perhaps you accidently edited post size from the converted hand? there are converters out there that work well for stars that do all the hard work of potsize calcs etc for ya. gogogo
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I think b/c might be okay. Pot is huge so we only need to be good 5.4% of the time for this to be a profitable call.

And while I've never personally played full ring nano stakes, from what I hear, people can go nuts with inferior holdings at $0.02/$0.04. So, I don't know if we really want to respect an unknown's raise at this level when we only need to be good 5.4% of the time...?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably right...
It's just so rare that I see people bluff-raising, but villain might be overvalueing his KK sometimes at 2c/4c... I would still b/f at at .25/.5 - 2/4, though. People may disagree with me... meh!