Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you use check/fold when getting a hand you know you should not play for a raise?
About always 16 25.00%
Sometimes 27 42.19%
Never 21 32.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Collectivism : How to stop it?

[ QUOTE ]
What is the most effective way for an ordinary person to battle the forces of collectivism and evil?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could spend x amount of hrs per week, knocking out doors, passing out info on the various candidates position on the topic, and, if need be (which you often will) explaine exactly what it is.

I plan on spending a minimum of 4 hrs a week starting this week passing out info on various candidates in areas where I think it is most likely the people do not bother to vote.

I am also going to explain to them that the most secure way to vote, since we use electronic voting machines, is by absentee ballot.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the most effective way for an ordinary person to battle the forces of collectivism and evil?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question. In my opinion it is to clarify the issue and to then share your clarity with others. That may sound silly, but let's try a simple poll to test our collective clarity on this issue...
Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 AM

I am an anarchist
Don't know what I want
But I know how to get it
Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 AM

p-brane,

Both parties are striving for collectivism at an awe inspiring rate. The republicans once spoke of going away from big government mentality...but those were all lies(I am referencing contract with America specifically).
Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question. In my opinion it is to clarify the issue and to then share your clarity with others. That may sound silly, but let's try a simple poll to test our collective clarity on this issue...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the option for "both equally?"
Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope it is the Democrats, or else I don't know why I keep voting for them.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am also going to explain to them that the most secure way to vote, since we use electronic voting machines, is by absentee ballot.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't you think that will make you seem like a nutty conspiracy theorist?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd start by pulling Excalibur from the stone and going from there.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 AM

There are two coherent and plausible strategies for overcoming this great and devestating evil:

#1: Learn some mofo karate and ninja sheet and start kicking. Then pick up some rocks and find some dorks and start throwing.

#2: This is based off my favorite ever Borodog post that I enjoy only for non-saracastic reasons:

Formula for anarchist success:

1. Totalitarian state
2. ???
3. Utopia
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 AM

"As troops who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan observe Veterans Day today, they will be cheered by a supportive nation and a government that has developed an elaborate network of benefits and services to ease their transition to civilian life."

Well because it came down to benefits and I cannot do an OP on this froum for a week, I thought this was a good OP to respond to with the view of the Boston Globe about the entitlements of veterans. This is very much a form of collectivism and something that would have to be absolutely abhorrent to most most ACers as incompatible to their philosophies.

My advice is to veterans to stay well away from AC has it has no understanding of sacrifice for the nation and for liberty.