Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: $100 NL QQ r/r PF

you guys realize ikestoys is a 25/50nl winner and you're disagreeing with him..... ridiculous.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys realize ikestoys is a 25/50nl winner and you're disagreeing with him..... ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of saying gib, u should give ur reasons for agreeing with a decision, im not saying hes wrong just saying that assuming hes right is whats ridiculous
Old 10-14-2007, 02:36 AM

There is no argument, a fish is donking into you, you have a good overpair in a reraised pot. Get the money in now before he draws out or a scarecard kills the action.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
except hes going broke with any overpair and probably any decent spade combo, letting more cards come scares his overpairs and lets him hit his overvalued combo draw for a cheaper price

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his range of hands which call a shove is weighed more towards hands that beat us/are a coinflip for a couple of reasons:
1)much less likely to be 3betting 8s (almost never), nines, tens and even jacks (lots of ppl at 100nl on FT cold call with jacks) pf than he is ak, queens, kings and aces.

2)i think its very possible that nines, tens and even jacks with no spades get away from this flop if we shove whereas if the turn blanks they will likely commit themselves oop.

3) we give villain another chance to bluff the turn if he is in fact bluffing (our hand prob seems pretty weak given a flat call on such a scary board).

4) we get away from ak/aq with 1 spade for much cheaper than if we had shoved if the turn comes a spade (which i dont think many ppl at this limit would bluff at).

So, although there r some bad cards that can come - spades, ace or king, the fact that we r never making ak/aq with a spade fold that flop and that ak with no spade only has 6 outs and aq with no spade 3 outs, makes me like cold calling and getting it in on a blank turn or trying to check down a scary turn which i doubt he bluffs on too often.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:40 AM

if hes def a fish than i retract my comment about him getting away from overpairs but still think that he is more likely to raise the overpairs that beat us pf than those that we beat.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:43 AM

i misread the action, he isnt donking the flop but still get it in here.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
thats one of the reasons why people here succeed is to challenge other lines...i hardly doubt that ike thinks his word is law. and everyone here is entitled to an opinion...
Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 AM

Ike, why is push good here? If he has As2o he has like 40% equity. It seems like maximizing your equity in this spot would best be served by flatting and getting it in on a safe turn. I guess if he has like JsJo then shoving is superior...

I seriously would like to understand the finer points of this spot, not trying to troll.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 AM

i think against this villain, i am shoving and embracing the variance, because i think half of the deck is a bad card in either killing our action, or making us fold the best hand later in the hand, and our call on the flop is likely to shut out a lot of worse hands that might call our flop shove.

i may be off base b/c im still a bit drunk, but feel free to tell me so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-14-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fishsticks-

flatcalling this flop is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is worst