Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

View Poll Results: MLB is how big a crapshoot (6 being most, 1 being least)
6 22 28.21%
5 24 30.77%
4 20 25.64%
3 7 8.97%
2 2 2.56%
1 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Default Re: $3/$6 interesting Razz hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you start with a wheel draw and brick on 4th, you should often play if you have any reasonable suspicion someone started light.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of what you should do, this is what 90% of players will do, and if hero's 8 is in the door then 99% of villains are calling a bet on 4th (it might be 100% since TT doesn't play online). Thus, you can't figure on taking down the pot on 4th like ever in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you completely. There is no way you can take this down on 4th, but its often worth paying to look at 5th even if you know you opponent wont fold there.

Btw, I am fully capable of folding here if I brick depending on circumstance, so add me to the nitty villian list!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know, some people steal from UTG, right? Some from the middle, some just always raise with two wheel cards and any J or better from any position. Some of these people are donkeys and some are pros.

[/ QUOTE ]
In razz, these categories are not mutually exclusive

[/ QUOTE ]
stealing from UTG has been known to cause serious run-ins with guys named spike[e.g. A2 / 7 or 8 door card] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you start with a wheel draw and brick on 4th, you should often play if you have any reasonable suspicion someone started light.

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of what you should do, this is what 90% of players will do, and if hero's 8 is in the door then 99% of villains are calling a bet on 4th (it might be 100% since TT doesn't play online). Thus, you can't figure on taking down the pot on 4th like ever in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you think I don't play online? Its true that I am not playing Razz as much as I was last year, but I always played online much more than I did live. I stopped playing Razz as a core game because its a factor of profitability. I can play more Hold'em tables than I can Razz at the same time.

Now lets get back to the original post. They call it "defending vs bring-in" for a reason, problem is Chips wasn't defending because the villain wasn't stealing.

Peeling vs a stealer getting the right odds makes sense to try to outflop him, peeling vs a guy who has a strong hand (which most people need to have to complete on 3rd here) is horrible. Peeling vs either situation when your opponent will always call 4th is a dubious action. Remember you must out flop an opponent who started very clean and is prone to calling on 4th 2-streets in a row, thats 24:1 against that this perfect storm happens (I think this is correct - not positive, need to spend the time with Excel to assure my calculations are correct). Yuck.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes you think I don't play online? Its true that I am not playing Razz as much as I was last year, but I always played online much more than I did live. I stopped playing Razz as a core game because its a factor of profitability. I can play more Hold'em tables than I can Razz at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad, it was my understanding that you didn't play razz online currently. I agree that it's hard to find many razz tables going at a variety of limits to play as your bread and butter game, but I think we are both hoping to change that.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad, it was my understanding that you didn't play razz online currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-5x a month a most now a days. Luckily Razz is so easy, its like falling off a bike for me, I just get back on. Stud is not as easy, when i take a breather I need to bone up on 3rd street situations (5th - 7th come naturally to me, all Theory of Poker junk for the most part) before I get deep into a big game or tournament.

Anyway we got off track. Lets get back to railing on Chips for putting pot size ahead of all other factors [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]