Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Tough PLO hand, deep

im really tired, but we have two pair, 9s and 8s correct? anyway, i fold river pretty quickly. I'm not a huge fan of flop and especially turn fwiw. more later prob. everyone saying call, do you at least agree that this would be a pretty sick hero call? He can pretty easily have a straight here. It's very likely he called flop with a big pair+67,QJorJ7 and picked up the straight draw on the turn and called again, or he flopped some kind of wrap. He knows this guy is a regular holdem player, never played PLO with him, i really wouldn't count out him having QQJx or something here. He could also have a bluff but I don't think it is likely enough to call here imo.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 AM

just read all of txredman's posts, pretty much agree exactly with all of it, other than maybe preflop since i'm a preflop monkey in this game. could be a leak of mine though. Also, I think it's possible for him to have a couple of hands that aren't fds that bluff this river and don't have us beat.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain will peel here light much of the time given the nature of the board

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i really only think we're beating busted flush draws

[/ QUOTE ]

so in your world when people peel and float they always just check it down when they miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first quote refers to the flop, and the second to the river. The turn was a potentially very important card. I can't really figure out what you are trying to say.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:53 AM

given your read (hold'em player who only raises big pairs preflop) I think you have to call, you can expect these guys to peel the flop a little bit light and if they are any good to bluff missed diamonds a lot on the river. When he shows up with 5678 you have to reevaluate your read.

Normally I think you can check fold the river because by far the most likely draw (678x, maybe with diamonds but not necessarily) got there. I think flop and turn are fine.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah why cant he have QQJx or JJ7x

[/ QUOTE ]

are u joking? trambo potted the flop first to act 4-way... peeling QQJx here could only be a misclick

[/ QUOTE ]

that answers my question of why we're not concerned about it.

i dont know how to play this game so i prob skipped reading the flop action.

thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
given your read (hold'em player who only raises big pairs preflop) I think you have to call, you can expect these guys to peel the flop a little bit light and if they are any good to bluff missed diamonds a lot on the river. When he shows up with 5678 you have to reevaluate your read.

Normally I think you can check fold the river because by far the most likely draw (678x, maybe with diamonds but not necessarily) got there. I think flop and turn are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

RT, what would be your opinion on Tx Red's argument in relation to pre - flop? Would you tend to muck here pre - flop a lot? Or are you happy to "spin and win" when playing deep so to speak?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain will peel here light much of the time given the nature of the board

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i really only think we're beating busted flush draws

[/ QUOTE ]

so in your world when people peel and float they always just check it down when they miss?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first quote refers to the flop, and the second to the river. The turn was a potentially very important card. I can't really figure out what you are trying to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hand that peels the flop and picks up the flush draw will call the turn also thus getting to the river. And once hero checks the river on this boo-scary board any hand that got to the river propably bluffs it.
Neither player has QJ but very very rarely and allthought the board looks like there are many possible ways for hero to be beat but there is only really 67 and then there are the low wraps that missed. Its a totally different thing if the river is a 3/4/7 or w/e. The triplegutter (678x) is worse than the wheel draw and because in omaha people like to play a-high flush draws if we assume our villain plays all his wraps the same on the river I would dare to guess that he has the missed wheel wrap bit more often than 678.
Also, Stinger88, if to our thinking villain our hand looks like we have a set why would he try to bluff with missed draws BUT check 2p behind?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RT, what would be your opinion on Tx Red's argument in relation to pre - flop? Would you tend to muck here pre - flop a lot? Or are you happy to "spin and win" when playing deep so to speak?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd never fold in this spot preflop but being deeper makes it worse, not better.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 AM

I agree with everything Tex wrote. I fold this river, you're going to see QQTJ wiuth a diamond draw or something similar alot. Our 2 pairs really really suck here. And the hand is marginal pre, one gaps in the middle [censored] up a hand.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 AM

If someone can tell me why the [censored] anyone would peel the flop with QQJx maybe I'll agree it's a fold, but for now I think it's a call and not that close.

I do agree that a flop c/r is better than leading though and potting the turn is iffy too.