Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Tough PLO hand, deep

straight draws, he's not calling down with bottom 2
Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 AM

if his range incl mostly big pairs, why isn't QQJx or JJQx or JJ7x of more concern?

or by big pairs did you mean just KKXX+
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 AM

yeah why cant he have QQJx or JJ7x
Old 10-10-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling the flop with those is pretty horrible, but it's possible. I didn't see the big pairs thing in the OP but still straight draws are very possible, something like QQ43 with diamonds or similar hands
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u joking? trambo potted the flop first to act 4-way... peeling QQJx here could only be a misclick
Old 10-10-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are u joking? trambo potted the flop first to act 4-way... peeling QQJx here could only be a misclick

[/ QUOTE ]

missed flop action, I cant figure out what he could possibly have here that would bet for value on the river.. even the 67 doesn't make sense, like why is he calling a gutshot and overpair.. I mean like it would have to be like QQ76hhcc or whatever for double BD draws n stuff... but this is all assuming he has to have like JJ+xx.

I think the one thing we might be neglecting is the possibility (very slim) of like AA99, I def see him having the capacity to do this with topset on this board b/c he is a holdem player and might not be as used to all the crazy bd draw [censored] that happens in PLO, but this is a teeny tiny part of his range.

I change to snapcall
Old 10-10-2007, 02:38 AM

ugh....

this hand is so gross. btw wtf at the responses saying call. yah we beat a bluff, blah blah blah, omahahahaha.

seriously though, if you're calling this river bet w/o a superb read and history you're going to be totally spewing chips. this is a nut hand way too often imo, i.e., AAQJ, QJT9, QQJ9, etc etc.

but calling the river is secondary in this thread. how we got to the river with the pot this [censored] large is more important, and much more relevant to any decent strat discussion.

first of all pf is meh at best. flop is def. one you'd like to checkraise as it makes the hand much easier to play, i.e., you dont want action with this hand, no no no. turn bet is pretty much a must now that you potted the flop. i dont like sounding like an old worn out record, but pf is why you're here in the first place. it's like a snowball effect in plo. and each decision leads to a more difficult one. easy answer? fold pre, fold river. if you're content on calling pre (dont be) opt to checkraise the flop anyways and dont lose sleep over it not happening.

try not to play marginal hands like this in the first place, and try to play small pots with marginal hands, and really try not to play a big pot with a very marginal hand when you're effectively 275-ish BB's deep out of position. i know some PLO players who love to harp on playing out of position and the benefits of it, but [censored], position is more valuable in PLO than anywhere else, and i'd bet if you x-referenced a decent amount of nlhe/plo pt db's, you'd agree.

-Tex
Old 10-10-2007, 02:38 AM

repping 67xx, J7xx, or QJxx... the latter two are pretty tough for him to show up with
Old 10-10-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
repping 67xx, J7xx, or QJxx... the latter two are pretty tough for him to show up with

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with your reasoning as i see it (no disrespect intended obv) is that villains range is very wide here in general b/c this flop is so easy to peel when OP donks the flop, and then a flush draw/big straight draw card shows up on the turn, i.e., villain will peel here light much of the time given the nature of the board, thus ruling out (or assuming to be less frequent) QJxx J7xx or the obvious 67xx is wishful thinking to the extreme. If the flop were 5-6-9 i'd be much more prone to assigning villain a narrower range, but as is, i think he can peel here with so many hands it's nearly pointless trying to assign him a sfic range on the flop.

i really only think we're beating busted flush draws, and the problem as i see it is that OP can't even beat a better two pair that's decided to turn his hand into a bluff hoping OP will laydown what his hand looks like, a set.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain will peel here light much of the time given the nature of the board

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i really only think we're beating busted flush draws

[/ QUOTE ]

so in your world when people peel and float they always just check it down when they miss?