Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 01:22 AM

Default 2/5 Live: Big Bag of Dicks

x-post from MSNL:

Effective stacks are 600. I'm playing at foxwoods on labor day weekend, and the table is not as loose as I like fwiw. Villain is a chubby asian kid who appears very competent, perhaps 2+2 (SUP BRAH?). He is playing somewhat LAG, but not long enough for me to have real reads. I am playing TAG tonight.

In my experience, preflop in 2/5 involves raising and calling just about any two, but 3 betting is a rarity. I have not been 3betting light.

Villain opens for 20 in UTG+1. Moron in MP calls. I repop to 80 in MP3 w/ AKo. Folds to villain, he thinks and calls. Moron folds.

A side note: I know my suits are [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s and [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s, but going to the flop I don't remember which is which.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Villain checks, I bet 100. Villain thinks for 20 sec and calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain leads for 120. I decide this is a good time to check my suits. My cards are A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. What the hell is the best play now? Keep in mind I only have 420 behind on the turn. I think if I had the As instead of the K, this would be a quick shove, but Villain's line have me scared.

After 45 sec of me thinking, villain starts saying AK is no good. [censored].
Old 09-03-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: 2/5 Live: Big Bag of Dicks

BUMP
Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM

Pot is $380 going to the turn

Villian only has $300 remaining after he bets $120 on the turn (pot now $500), so unless he is on total air, he'll be committed if you move in.

You are getting 4:1+ on your call. There's some very small chance your overs are good if they hit, more of a chance that your straight outs are good and if a 4-flush comes you'll be good there too some of the time. So, I think we've got direct odds unless you can put him on the nut flush exactly (or straight flush)....which would be a really good read.

Now, we've got some reverse implied odds here too obviously--but fortunately stacks really aren't that deep. I peel one and see what we get on the river. We've got position so that helps get a bit more info on the end.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 PM

Ty Berge. I was really confused by this line, and ultimately laid this down. I was all ready to push on the turn had it been checked to me, but this bizarre lead totally threw me off. After the lead I felt I had about 0 fold equity, and was starting to imagine that my spade draw was just about worthless as well. I just could not see what hands would make this play, and with 0 apparent fold equity, I was not ready to invest any more.

Villain showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Jx.

He earned it.