Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Live 1/2 Deepstacked from bad to worse

Ran into this hand tonight. Hero has about $750, villian approximately equals. I've been playing well and solid all night, winning big pots but not looking like a total nit. Villian is super loose, and alternates between aggressive and passive. In past hands has pulled off some sick bluffs, has successfully got people to fold reasonable hands while holding on to absolute garbage. More of a gamb0000ler than anything, chasing f-draws, straits, etc.

so.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind. Six limps to me, including Villian, who limps the CO. I raise to 18, looking to thin the field. Two callers, including villian.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot=60. I'm first to act, and bet 25. This is 100% a feeler bet, its common to see ppl at this table call large sums preflop, but give up when the flop misses them. Both call. I suspect a flush draw somewhere.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Pot=135. Looks like a good card. No reason to think my hand isnt best here, so I bet 60. One fold, than Villian min-raises to 120. This spot sucks, and I'm starting to think some random 3 got there. But villian is unpredictable, and people do fishy things in live games. Finally, I'm getting better than 4:1 here, and i make the call.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Pot = 375. I check, looking for a showdown, and Villian bets $200. This is the easiest call in the world, right?

All comments appreciated (and limit the criticism of playing AJo from teh BB plz, its been a very profitable play when limped to).
Old 04-03-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 Deepstacked from bad to worse

bet the river b/c only 2 hands beat you and its live so they will call with a 3? also are asking if you should raise or call or (LOL) if u can put him on quads and fold?? maybe you mistyped something but it appears you have the 3rd nuts live and you want to fold?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:32 AM

Sure, you only loose to quads (if he's holding AQ he most probably would've raised pre-flop) and most probably the pot is split anyways. If he's holding 33, tough luck, but given he's been bluffing like crazy... I think calling here is +EV
Old 04-03-2007, 03:36 AM

Just to add something, I didn't like your bet of 25 on the flop, the pot then has 60 and there's two people to act after you. The implied odds and/or a first caller, surely gives a second one the right odds to call you with a flush draw.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to add something, I didn't like your bet of 25 on the flop, the pot then has 60 and there's two people to act after you. The implied odds and/or a first caller, surely gives a second one the right odds to call you with a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the comment on the flop bet, however, I dont understand the from bad to worse title, you lose to 33 and thats it. Its likely that youre calling to split the pot, but I would never ever fold here, if I lose to quads, oh well.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 AM

Hero loses to AQ, too. I'd definitely call the river. If he limped with AQ or has 3s, it just sucks.

Your flop bet was a bit weak, though. Might as well check.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check, looking to checkraise all in

[/ QUOTE ]FYP.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:33 AM

You need to bet out on river. Only reason to check there would be to checkraise villain. If villian did call with a 3 on flop punish him on river.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:46 AM

check calling here is good IMO, cause if you bet and get reraised all in you will have to call given his reputation. but if you check call you win more if he has trash, and loose less if he has you beat somehow,,,

but from you posting this its obviouse he had you beat and my guess is he had 33s.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:01 PM

heh thx for all comments guys. i snapcalled this, and villian slow-rolls over AQ. It was amazing, totally threw me off. I'm not trying to make this a BBV post, so is there any way I could've dodged this? (besides limping AJ from BB)