Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Ethnic food thread

[ QUOTE ]
chop,

Gratuitous delicious naan pic:

[/ QUOTE ]

That naan looks awesome. I always eat like 4 things of naan . Part of the reason I can only eat so much at an Indian buffet.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Indian food thread

The best indian food I've had was in prague oddly enough. I don't really eat out anymore so the only indian food I eat these days is simple chicken curries I make myself. Favorite dish at the prague restaurant (Taj Mahal if anyone's been there) was Chicken Vindaloo. Soooo spicy, soo much flavour. I'd have to order it "hot for white people" just so the pain wasn't too much. Also, nan is amazing. Forever meaning to make some myself.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:57 PM

El Diablo -

I will see your garlic naan, and raise you a garlic naan from a little get together I had at my place not too long ago:

What you see (will get bigger if you click it - thumbnailed because I assume we don't want horizontal scrolling in this forum) includes rogan josh, mole, an Indian potato "pierogie", two different chutneys, and a french crostini with sun-dried tomato spread.

Oh, and some chicken with toothpicks stuck in them.

But really, it's all about the garlic naan. I bought about three pounds of freshly made naan for this get together, it was well received.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ED: I am leaving this space open for By-Tor to provide a sexy picture of him eating Indian food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baxterrrrrrr, you know I don't speak Spanish! In English please. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I've actually never had Indian Food and will be looking to this thread to eliminate my fear of the nasty smell my brain has yet to overcome.

So far, only that pizza looking thing has caught my eye.

There is however a fairly decent Indian Food Buffet right downstairs from work, so if I see something here that looks interesting, maybe I will get up the courage to venture inside it.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ED: I am leaving this space open for By-Tor to provide a sexy picture of him eating Indian food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baxterrrrrrr, you know I don't speak Spanish! In English please. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I've actually never had Indian Food and will be looking to this thread to eliminate my fear of the nasty smell my brain has yet to overcome.

So far, only that pizza looking thing has caught my eye.

There is however a fairly decent Indian Food Buffet right downstairs from work, so if I see something here that looks interesting, maybe I will get up the courage to venture inside it.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just have naan and butter chicken. That is all you really need.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One of my favorite Indian secrets is an Indian bakery called Hot Breads, which doesn't have very many locations in the U.S., but does have 22 in India.

Get thee to your nearest Hot Breads, my 2+2 friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one probably less than a mile from my house. I haven't actually been there since there are so many Indian restauarants in the area, but will give it a try - sounds like good snack food.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM

El D, are you eating at the joint on the corner of 2nd and Folsom? I used to lunch there once/twice a week when I worked a block away.

From the moment I tried Indian food I've been of the mindset of "this is why America was discovered, now it all makes sense."
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You live in the South Bay, no? If so, PM me if you want some recommendations for Indian restaurants - it's great stuff!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
El D, are you eating at the joint on the corner of 2nd and Folsom? I used to lunch there once/twice a week when I worked a block away.

From the moment I tried Indian food I've been of the mindset of "this is why America was discovered, now it all makes sense."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I work right across the street (303 2nd St.). That place is good, plus for fast Indian, Chaat Cafe is right at 3rd and Folsom.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You live in the South Bay, no? If so, PM me if you want some recommendations for Indian restaurants - it's great stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

A:

Please post here, I moved to campbell about 6 months ago. Royal Taj on Camden just off of 17 is my normal spot (about 2 minutes from my house).