Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Greatest Obtainable Being Test

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How we can be "moral agents" if we can't properly understand morality?

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say we can't properly understand morality? The 10 commandments. Or Adam's sin. Don't eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant understand why they are, not what they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

this kind of argument leads me to question why theists continue to post in this forum so frequently. People who believe in a christian God and people who do not believe (or at least very strongly doubt but leave some room to be convinced) in the existence of a deity have two entirely different systems for justifying what they say. these systems cannot truly be reconciled and there's no way any of you are actually going to talk each other out of a position.

atheists can always expose some rational, logical flaw in a believer's explanation and scoff at their naiveity.

deists can always simply fall back on the position that the bible (or whatever other source) is the word of God and this is the final answer to any question. atheists are too blind to see this and will never understand the truth.

because of the nature of an internet forum (and the power of majority opinion in this specific forum), the atheist position will always have the more "compelling" and more frequently supported arguments but these arguments are useless in the face of actual faith and the endless stream of conversations about this subject are masturbatory and ineffective.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who believe in a christian God and people who do not believe (or at least very strongly doubt but leave some room to be convinced) in the existence of a deity have two entirely different systems for justifying what they say. these systems cannot truly be reconciled and there's no way any of you are actually going to talk each other out of a position.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you will almost never see is someone suddenly saying "I get it now! I had everything wrong!" But that's different from having no effect. Given my Oklahoma fundamentalist upbringing and the number of other atheists I know with similar backgrounds to mine, I'd have to wonder where we all came from if not from this kind of discussion.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt read the replies, but seriously:

" Yahweh God called to the man, and said to him, 'Where are you?'" Genesis 3:9 Not All knowing.

you dont seem to understand in context at all. I could pull out phrases in Science books too that look dumb but if you look at the bible. He calls cain and asks where his brother his even though he knows where his brother is.

[/ QUOTE ]Science Shmience, who is taking about shmience here. Science books should look dumb, they are made by man. The bible if is God's word shouldn't. The xtian God is an imposter. You believe it too, if your big argument is God is just as flawed as sceince. Maybe you don't believe but it appears you underestiame what being GOD means. I'm not attacking your god this time becuase I have a hard on for rationally arrive at conclusions based on evidence. I'm attakcing your God because he isn't GOOD enough to be called God. It's clear he is flawed.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:49 PM

So guys does this mean that the xtian God isn't God enough to be worthy of worship? It's most likey my own bad english, however it's possible that you all realize that your God isn't special enough to be of concern.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:27 AM

go read rousseau in the library. read everything. understand it fully. teach it to doug. lol. my best friends name is actually doug. hes slow. just like doug atheism produces fish
Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 AM

context. u were right. then failed. u sucked. [censored] u, tool. sub 190
Old 01-19-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
context. u were right. then failed. u sucked. [censored] u, tool. sub 190

[/ QUOTE ]Forget the french guy if you want. We can just talk about something differnt if you think Hidden from God's view is Context, and not indicative of a major flaw compared to GOB who will give us milk and cookies.