Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Greatest Obtainable Being Test

[ QUOTE ]

One possible way to examine if the xtian God = GOB might be to look at if his attributed actions are akin to perfect reason or human reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you claim the right to judge something you have already taken the position that what you are judging isn't the greatest obtainable anything - the standard you are using is higher.

Genesis 3:
4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die!
5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One possible way to examine if the xtian God = GOB might be to look at if his attributed actions are akin to perfect reason or human reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you claim the right to judge something you have already taken the position that what you are judging isn't the greatest obtainable anything - the standard you are using is higher.

Genesis 3:
4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die!
5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

[/ QUOTE ]Of course I have the right to judge, you quote points out that I know good and evil. However there is nothing that says I must always be correct. In fact because I am only man and not Gob, I will likely be wrong about alot of things. However, when we see that a particular god doesn't have actions of a typical All powerfull, All benevolent being. Or any other artribute that a Gob would have. When God instead uses human reason lacking in perfection, as he does regarding, gays and women. We can know that what you call god isn't the Greatest Obtainable Being.

Take the position that God is the Greatest Obtainable Being. Assume it if you must. If you can imagine a greater being your are not worshiping God, but instead an imposter.

A street performing magician hides the statue of liberty for the eyes of all men. Those who witnessed the event claimed that the performing must be god. For whoelse would have the power to perform such miracles. Gob was displeased at the lack of imagination of his created, and wonderment by his created about him. "Those that worshiped the performer only got cookies. But those who denied the imposter, and truely wondered about the nature of God got milk AND cookies." Cooperfield 8:78
Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course I have the right to judge

[/ QUOTE ]

Case closed.

[ QUOTE ]

you quote points out that I know good and evil

[/ QUOTE ]

That was Satan talking. I guess that means you accept the Satanic viewpoint. Case closed again.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Flying Spaghetti Monster and his posse are so last year. Next out the chute it's Gob the Cookie Monster.

[/ QUOTE ] Gob does do a good job of showing the inadequcies of FSM, and Jesus. Thanks for pointing that out skidoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't. Your cookie god must have put that in your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]Do you then believe that the account in the bible discribing god are not correct, or that the accounts are fitting of a perfect being. If you believe the accounts in the bible descibe a perfect being, is it because you underestimate god, or because you worship an imposter.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Of course I have the right to judge

[/ QUOTE ]

Case closed.

[ QUOTE ]

you quote points out that I know good and evil

[/ QUOTE ]

That was Satan talking. I guess that means you accept the Satanic viewpoint. Case closed again.

[/ QUOTE ]Provided you are OK with God lacking in perfection the case is certainly closed. I don't mean to be say that I have the ultimate judgement, but creating the snake seems like a bad idea to me. That a non Gob, or maybe a rookie God would make.

"Those who doubt Gob's perfection and instead view Gob as imperfect, and are OK with that will eat cookies but have no milk with which to dunk them in."
Old 01-14-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Provided you are OK with God lacking in perfection the case is certainly closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

God is perfect. You and I aren't.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Provided you are OK with God lacking in perfection the case is certainly closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

God is perfect. You and I aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]This is correct NR. If god tells you that the earth is 6,000 yrs old and it turns out not to be true, that alone says that God isn't Gob since he is not perfect.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Flying Spaghetti Monster and his posse are so last year. Next out the chute it's Gob the Cookie Monster.

[/ QUOTE ] Gob does do a good job of showing the inadequcies of FSM, and Jesus. Thanks for pointing that out skidoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Do you then believe that the account in the bible discribing god are not correct, or that the accounts are fitting of a perfect being. If you believe the accounts in the bible descibe a perfect being, is it because you underestimate god, or because you worship an imposter.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "perfect" in this context?
Old 01-14-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "perfect" in this context?

[/ QUOTE ]It is Gob's wishes that we ponder on perfection. Do you not want milk AND cookies? The only thing I know for certain about perfection is cookies being dunked into milk. The rest is for us to uncover.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If god tells you that the earth is 6,000 yrs old and it turns out not to be true, that alone says that God isn't Gob since he is not perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't tell me the age of the earth. Neither does science, it just guesses.