Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot

I find two easy folds in this hand.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot...

:G: Fold preflop. Weak aces are often dominated by preflop raisers. I might call with this hand preflop if there are a lot of other people cold calling in front of me. If it's a giant multiway pot I play it in hopes for a nutflush in a giant pot. Here though this is a fold.
I fold on the flop. You're crushed here a lot. calling and hoping for a chop seems -EV to me, but I have no maths to back that up.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot...

[ QUOTE ]
You mention hidden outs...what are they in this case? If villain had AK here there are 2 Qs left, and that would chop it up for us most likely. If he raised with AJ or AT, then 4Ks would counterfeit the kickers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[nit] Plus the 2 Aces for a FH chop [/nit]
Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everytime you put "split pair" in your thread title, I prepare myself to read a stud hand..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I got that terminology from King Yao's book. If I remember correctly, he uses, 'top split pair', to refer HERO pairing with the board.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like that cold-call preflop. Since you have no reads, you don't know that MP2 is stealing. I give him credit for a good hand.

Flop, well MP2 is not backing down and is raising UTG-2's donk. I give him credit for at least the Ace and since he raised, it's gotta be a high Ace. You STILL need to hit a high card to chop the pot and even then he could be raising with AK or AQ, in which case you won't chop the pot. And then there's the other people in this pot, which might be holding a Q... This is kinda like a situation of getting quartered in Omaha, when the low card has to hit the board for you to get quartered and you STILL don't know if your low is the best.

Fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

true true... I think this is the case which is totally, severely, ultimately reverse implied odds.

I folded to the raise anyway, as there's just too much strength shown. But I should have folded preflop, too few pple are calling to give me the required implied odds to hit the flush draw.