Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-08-2007, 08:10 PM

Default $10 / $20 Bad hand vs. Worse

LOL @ 4th st.

I have enough equity to keep jamming here, right? Also, I can't take the Valuetown exit on the river since the best i can have is an 8, can I?

Razz ($10/$20), Ante $1.50, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___folds

5th Street - (9.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

6th Street - (21.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (23.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (23.25 BB - $465)

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: $10 / $20 Bad hand vs. Worse

3rd - why is this not a fold?
4th - so the idea here is to raise even though seat 4 probably has the best hand because you think you will take it down more than 25 % of the time? wtf is up with his fold?

7th - I don't want to do the calculation to see if a value bet is in order.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3rd - why is this not a fold?
4th - so the idea here is to raise even though seat 4 probably has the best hand because you think you will take it down more than 25 % of the time? wtf is up with his fold?

7th - I don't want to do the calculation to see if a value bet is in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I have no idea why he folded? Paired his 9?

Maybe 3rd is a fold. I would have folded an 87...

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM

I just hate playing 8s where the 8 is in the door. Makes it too easy for the other players to outplay you.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM

I play every hand on 3rd that has three cars of 8 and lower, and it works great for me. I actually like the way this whole hand is played and I think I would play it the same on every street,except I would call 4th