Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Ray Bonart Please explain your ethics.

I don't have specific questions. But I would like to here your view on ethics and morality. What tools do you use to determine right from wrong?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Ray Bonart Please explain your ethics.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have specific questions. But I would like to here your view on ethics and morality. What tools do you use to determine right from wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]Honesty.

From the little that I read (so I may be wrong on some specifics) in the various threads on the Internet Gambling forum (sample), Ray says that (a) he would be glad to play online poker in a 100% honest, no-collusion, no-bots environment if it could be guaranteed to be that way, and (b) since it impossble to enforce such an environment, online poker sites should be honest about it and warn their patrons accordingly. In fact, he claims, they should explicitly state that collusion and bots are not being policed by the webmasters (because they can't do it) and are probably already happening.

Even if this is not actually where Ray is coming from, but he is only trying to promote bots and hawk some of his own, the above-stated approach is what should interest us from a morality point of view. (The objectives of a salesman are trivial to discuss.)

Mickey Brausch