Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

I accidently posted this question under ICMoney's post in Beginners forum (How n00by, haha). But here it is now...

I'm starting to (try and) look at my game from hand to hand as opposed to street to street. Should I base my betting patterns on what I'm trying to achieve, or on what kind of hand I have?

Should my thought process be: I want a big pot, what's the best way to do this? OR I have a set, which means I bet this way...

Hope that's not too muddled.

<font color="red">Well the two things you mentioned are one and the same. If you have a set, you should be thinking "I have set, and therefore I want a big pot, so I'll bet/raise/whatever". What you want to achieve is directly related to what hand you have. Eg. "I have nothing so I fold" as opposed to "I have a monster so I bet".
Old 10-25-2007, 06:49 AM

What's ldo?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's ldo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Duh (der) Obviously, ldo.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:58 AM

In poker tracker, how do i make NL ($0.50) and NL $50 combine?

<font color="red">As far as I know there is no way to do this. Check the PT forums, maybe I am wrong...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 AM

Another question nOOb thread.
I've used the trial version of PT and really enjoyed it. But recently drawn blanks when translating a players stats of X/X/X for X amount of hands. Could someone help me out?

<font color="red">You mean, what do the numbers mean? Its like this:

VPIP/PFR/AF

VPIP = Voluntarily put money in the pot (i.e. played a hand)
PFR = Preflop raise
AF = Aggression factor.

You can find all these numbers in the "general info" tab of your PT. I hope that answers your question?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is access denied to to the uNL AIM list?

<font color="green">someone was scamming using the uNL list for prospects. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Who? And can you remove my email from there please?

<font color="red">The whole thread is gone, dont worry about it. There was more than one scammer, it was a feeding frenzy, so we killed the thread.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also what is the consensus on bankroll management with respect to multitabling? Standard bankroll is 20buyins, how many for 4, 8, 12 and 15 tabling?
<font color="green">Bankroll is really not effected by multitabling.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Anymore mod opinions on this please?

<font color="red">If you are playing the same game, it doesnt matter, its just that what was going to happen will happen faster. That means if you are a losing player you will lose faster, and if you are a winning player you will win faster. Variance will just happen over a shorter period of time. So what that means is that your BR requirements are the same whether you are 1 tabling or 15 tabling.

Of course if you have a 20bi roll and you have 15 of those bi in play at any time, if you have a 6 bi session downswing then you are going to have to close some tables, so in that respect you need to have some bi in reserve. But in terms of raw variance if you think that you need more money to play more tables then it is most likely that you play worse when 15 tabling than you do when 6 tabling so you should cut down on some tables.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:11 AM

Is it possible to be a winning player at NL50 and lower wihtout bluffing (not counting cbetting and semi-bluffing as bluff)? Since i think the answer is yes, what should my BB/100 winrate be at NL50, NL25 and NL10 when I never bluff?

<font color="red">Yes, you can be a winner never bluffing. As for your winrate, that depends totally on how you play postflop, but a winrate of 6ptbb/100 is certainly attainable without ever bluffing.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also what is the consensus on bankroll management with respect to multitabling? Standard bankroll is 20buyins, how many for 4, 8, 12 and 15 tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deviation is a subject to a square root rule. It also depends on your winrate.

Consensus is you need 20BI for a full concentration play. I'd say its a comfortable number for someone playing 5ptbb/100 hands 1 or 2 tabling.

If you want to play 4 tables, a safe estimate would be to take sq root of 4, which is 2, and multiply it by 20 = 40BI.

If your WR is bigger, say `10ptbb, you can get away with 30bi for 4 tables.

Another example. You want to play 8 tables at 5ptbb.
sqrt 8 = 2.8, 2.8 x 20 = 55bi

8 tables at 10ptbb about 40bi from the top of my head.

For exact numbers search google for risk of ruin calculator and play with the numbers. You can find you deviation numbers in poker tracker.

<font color="green">^^^^^ This is all blah blah blah.

Bankroll doesn't need to be larger based on the number of tables you play. 20 BI is the old standard. (And that was assuming you were 4-tabling at the least.) Hardly anyone in SSNL keeps 20BI as a roll anymore. It's what you are comfortable with. I keep 40+ BI in my roll for NL200. Alot of SSNL'ers keep 30-70 BI in their roll.

If you play 10k hands, you play 10k hands. It doesn't matter if you get there 2 tabling over a weeks time. Or 8 tabling 2 days. It's still 10k hands.

EDIT: Granted, I am talking about a player who has found the optimum number of tables that he can play that maximizes his winrate. If you add tables to that number, your winrate is going to go down and your Risk of Ruin is going to go up so you would need a bigger bankroll. But, that's only because you are playing sub-optimally.
</font>
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2 *DELETED*

Post deleted by ama0330
Closed Thread