Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

dont be so defensive... jesus. He was asking for "other toughts" when nothing in the hand happened yet, I was just saying there was nothing to comment on really.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:02 AM

Since it was folded around, I don't mind the small raise. I'm not sure if I'd do the same this early, but so far, the situation seems ideal.

With that lucky flop, I'm making a pot-sized bet, maybe 150 or 200 hoping villian bolts.

If called, then I'm slowing down unless I hit a 5 or 7 on the turn. If villian bets anything more than half the pot on the turn, I don't see the point in calling or raising. And yes, that's even with a "blank" turn.

If checked to again, I'm just checking behind no matter what the turn is. Call me weak, but since villian could be holding anything, it's nearly impossible to tell if the turn was of any help. And if villian is on a draw, it's pretty clear he's not folding to a big bet. At this early stage of the game, unless I fill up, I'm hoping to just check it down and win a medium pot rather than possibly lose a big one.

Then again, ask me when I see the turn, and I might do something radically different. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 03:06 AM

just hang on u will not be zzzz anymore
Old 11-21-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love SH tourneys because playing all types of crap early can win you all kinds of action later. You develop table relationships with every player at the table. You get a really feel for the ebb and flow of the table. However, in a 9/10 handed table, I sit back and fold this stuff early.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt a good justification for folding 75s early. I mean, these relationships u develop at a SH tourney... Can't you develop them in a 9 handed tourney w deep stacks and a good blind structure?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:10 AM

I actually also think its pretty boring up to this point.... Except for maybe the fact that I was pretty sure there would be a camp of people here wanting to reraise the flop to charge for a draw.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:13 AM

that would be gross this deep imho.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:17 AM

Personally, I think the pre-flop raise is worth a fair amount of discussion. Until seeing this thread I very rarely raised with a hand like this so early. It's definitely something I've added into my early game arsenal.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:29 AM

I might limp with this hand... might raise it if I think the other players are playing tight early. I wouldn't raise this if it was the first hand in the tourn however.

I immediately bet this flop (100% of the time for me with this unless I know he's that weak tight)--it looks like a contiuation bet and probably will get him to raise or call. I usually bet 2x or close to the pot what I raised (depending on # of opponents) so I would bet 160. If I get raised I'll just smooth call probably since I have to figure he might have a set then call him down and bet if he checks the river (unless the last two were total scare cards). If I got flat called and the flush hit I'll most likely check the turn and call a river bet. (assuming I think he's likely to bluff/bet just a pair on the river). Any blank and I'm firing another bet on the turn. If he bets the turn blank I'm raising since I would still think I've got the best hand.

(I have stolen blinds at the first level before... even at low limits... lol)
Old 11-21-2005, 03:29 AM

1) I don't ever raise this hand with blinds this low. If someone yet to act has a big pair I want to be able to call their raise for cheap with the intention of out flopping them and getting paid off big. Similarly I don't want to drive out players from playing marginal hands that might get over played if I hit the flop hard preflop.

2)I'd bet the flop, because pretty much any range that calle r puts you on bets that flop. Make whatever your standard continuation bet is on a draw heavy board. So I'd make it 150.

3)If villain flat calls the flop bet, then I'm calling/value betting most non scare cards and check/calling scare cards hoping to boat up or pick off a bluff. If the turns a 9 I probably check behind or fold to aggression, because your hand just lost a ton of value.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:48 AM

1. i am not raising to steal blinds this early. if i do end up stealing them, fine. i like what someone said about testing how easily BB will give up his blind. i am raising to build a small pot if my hand hits.

2. i bet this flop. standard cbet of about 100-140 chips. i dont expect a raise, but i call it if its within reason.

3. turn: bet a non heart. bet an overcard. i am especially unhappy to see another 9. check/call if its a heart or other scary straight card.
really depends his reaction to my flop bet.

4. seems ok. i am not that good, but occasionally i raise/limp this if folded to. too bad i have never hit a flop with these types of hands [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]