Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: *** The OFFICIAL Fire Terry Bradway Thread ***

the perception was edwards was not gonna coach the jets, so they had little leverage.

from your article:

On Thursday, Edwards told his staff that he would not be returning to the Jets regardless of whether or not he got a deal worked out with the Chiefs. As a result of that, Peterson has known he wouldn't have to give up the farm to get a deal done. Because of how public Edwards' desire to leave had become, Jets GM Terry Bradway was actually lucky to get a fourth-rounder as compensation.

Do you disagree with this?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:26 PM

I"m considering starting some sort of "Fire Terry Bradway Society" the sole purpose of which will be to convince Woody to fire this guy. I'm super-lazy and never motivated so, yes, I'm this upset.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the jets weren't percieved as liekly to retain edwards as coach anyway, so they had little leverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the Jets FO (run by Bradway) can't keep their mouths shut. The blame for this goes right to Bradway. He totally showed his hand as soon as these negoations started.

Basically the negotiations went something like this:

Peterson: Can we talk to Herm?
Bradway: Sure thing. We are getting rid of him anyway. What will you give us?
Peterson: Wait, you are giving up on him. I can wait till you fire him and then hire him for nothing. Hot damn!
Bradway: No, uh, what I meant to say was uh uh uh. [censored]!
Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I"m considering starting some sort of "Fire Terry Bradway Society" the sole purpose of which will be to convince Woody to fire this guy. I'm super-lazy and never motivated so, yes, I'm this upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I be Vice-President?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you disagree with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat. Herm told his staff he was leaving because he was told (maybe directly, maybe indirectly) that he wasn't wanted anymore.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Sure, I think our first order of business will be the Fire Terry Bradway march. Can you get half a million people for this?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, I think our first order of business will be the Fire Terry Bradway march. Can you get half a million people for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If by half a million you mean a dozen, then yes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of how public Edwards' desire to leave had become, Jets GM Terry Bradway was actually lucky to get a fourth-rounder as compensation.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the get-go, this was handled so badly that maybe we should have been lucky to get compensation, but it was Bradway who screwed it up in the first place. This thing was way too public for the Jets to have any leverage at all. Most think that Bradway, who has been at odds with Herm for a couple of years now, leaked it all himself to ensure Herm would leave. Others think Herm leaked it to ensure he'd leave. Either way, when you're talking about a move like this, it should be done in private and quickly. As time wore on, yes, the Jets lost all the leverage they might have had. But it was their own doing.

Herm is still a HC with a contract. He's taken the Jets to the playoffs 3/5 years. This isn't at all about whether or not he's worth a 2nd round pick, or anything like that. It was about what the Chiefs thought it would take. They should have had a one-day window to make their best offer, and if that wasn't good, forget it.

Another interesting note: Terry Bradway started his career with the Chiefs. So they knew exactly who they were dealing with when this whole thing started, and I guarantee you they were happy about it.

(I also just read on another forum that Donnie Henderson desk has been cleaned out. There wasn't a link there either though, so could be nothing. I doubt it though.)
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(I also just read on another forum that Donnie Henderson desk has been cleaned out. There wasn't a link there either though, so could be nothing. I doubt it though.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised. Head Coaches in this league have a long history of bringing their Assistants along for the ride with them. But I read Henderson still has an interview sent up with the Saints next week so who knows?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

Did you guys get that 33 page manifesto about the "The Case against Terry BRadway And Herm Edwards".

It's really good. I'll try and post it later.