Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-22-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Re: 50nl, I need exp with deep stack play

umm...good question. I dunno.
His calll on the flop doesnt tell us anything. He could have anything AJ KQ KT...so I bet the turn. we could check the river but I like to keep the initiative. Lets say u bet the turn and river is a blank. u check and villain bets. 20$. what u do?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His calll on the flop doesnt tell us anything. He could have anything AJ KQ KT...so I bet the turn. we could check the river but I like to keep the initiative. Lets say u bet the turn and river is a blank. u check and villain bets. 20$. what u do?

[/ QUOTE ]
You call call call.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold, there are no real draws out there (bar T9 and KT), he's taking me to town so much more often than he's bluffing
Old 11-22-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You call call call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He never vbets worse right? And there are only 2 hands that'll call 2 streets there. Maybe with a missed FD you could c/c river
Old 11-22-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You call call call.

[/ QUOTE ]

He never vbets worse right? And there are only 2 hands that'll call 2 streets there. Maybe with a missed FD you could c/c river

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he's v-betting KQ often, because you should v-bet any hands better than KQ. Betting $20 would be good with KQ. He could v-bet worse Qs, but usually not I guess. Sometimes he has KT/T9. Rarely he has QJ/set.

Still I'm usually betting the river myself and let him figure out what he's willing to call with, given that the board is relatively dry.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Do you really think he would v-bet KQ? We have shown aggression. He can't think his hand is really good. I would checkbehind with KQ...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think he would v-bet KQ? We have shown aggression. He can't think his hand is really good. I would checkbehind with KQ...

[/ QUOTE ]
I would v-bet KQ, can't see a reason to believe I'm behind.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dry board
deep
tag opponet

go for pot control

[/ QUOTE ]

can we cc two streets? or do we cc turn cf river? I think a big part of checking here is that we hope he checks back
Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would v-bet KQ, can't see a reason to believe I'm behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

as villain, I wouldn't v-bet the river with KQ after being two barreled. I would be happy to see the check on the river and would instacheckbehind. Is that too weak?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:46 AM

I think turn check is best here although @ 1st I didn't like it (my default would be bet turn 10 c/c river). Checking gets another street of value when our line from preflop to turn is bet bet bet which means vilian may fold more of his range than usual given the hammer of future bets. he'll likely check and bet stuff we beat for 1 street. If checked through obv betting river almost always.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO Checking behind (as villian) makes our hand transparent to a decent hand reader - think what OP would do to counter this and it makes sense.

If I was vilian I would bet/fold KQ here on turn- puts Hero in a tricky spot and abuses posn IMO - but obv this can be 'countered' by Hero's turn c/call and then the river gets interesting.