Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Default OESD oop in a bloated pot, say what...

reads- villain was 14/12/2 over around 120 and seemed decent. we dont have any history to speak of and im playing pretty nitty, so if hes paying attention this is what he should think of me.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $16.80
BTN: $41.10
Hero (SB): $55.50
BB: $25.70
UTG: $67.55

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $7.35</font>, Hero pukes on his shoes and does what...

i know i could have 3 bet, but i thought it was meh. comments on all streets appreciated, especially a plan for the rest of the hand if we plan on continuing...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: OESD oop in a bloated pot, say what...

given ur image and villians image i love a raise to like 30 total or so. we will have an ass load of FE and even when he does call or shove or w/e we still will have reasonably good equity in the hand
Old 11-21-2007, 03:31 AM

I disagree with Kaz, and I think you should fold. Villain is at 14/12/2, has raised preflop, and then raised your ill-advised donk-bet by more than pot. At the micros, you are nearly never ahead here.

note: with villain's PT stats, assuming he adjusts his PF range for position, from UTG you can probably narrow his range to AQs+, AK, or 99+, against which you have 53% equity. However, its unlikely villain makes this play with overcards and your equity against 99+ is only 38%.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 AM

Is check call the flop a bad move here?

It shows some strenghts and may slow down overcards... I dunno check calling the flop and reraising the turn looks really strong if u think villian will fold overcards...
Old 11-21-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with Kaz, and I think you should fold. Villain is at 14/12/2, has raised preflop, and then raised your ill-advised donk-bet by more than pot. At the micros, you are nearly never ahead here.

note: with villain's PT stats, assuming he adjusts his PF range for position, from UTG you can probably narrow his range to AQs+, AK, or 99+, against which you have 53% equity. However, its unlikely villain makes this play with overcards and your equity against 99+ is only 38%.

[/ QUOTE ]yes obv we r well behind his range but we should have a [censored] ton of FE here. i dont see a nit calling a big 3 bet on this flop against another known nit with 99-QQ here very often thus makin the play good imo. and when he does call we still win the hand 40% of the time so we r in good shape
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 AM

Why only 99+? My raising stats are worse then villans 12 and I raise every pocket pair UTG, we could be waaay behind vs a set here. I would c/c on the flop and see what the turn brings, but then again, I'm nitty and to weak.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:17 AM

Check/raise the flop please.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:19 AM

Kaz's line is the same as mine
Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kaz's line is the same as mine

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet, 3-Bet, call his All In, Fist-Pump.

Kick your dog when he flips 77+ and you miss.

*Ninja Edit - Embrace the Variance. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 04:30 AM

Guys if you bet and he raises...what do you exect to happen when you 3bet all-in?

IMO he's rarely folding...especially when your original bet is that large. So he's calling mostly. And that means mosly you have 10 outs. So why do want to get all-in with 33% equity so much...or fold out his nohting hands we were beating immediately....?

Check/raise the flop...we get value from his nothing hands that will then fold to your raise...and largely have 33% equity against his good hnds which will call or shove after your check/raise.