Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-12-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Vegas TR - Nov 2-6th @ TI - Part 2 (more content!)

my parents used to own a deli in North Philly...and we had a corned beef special.

Rye bread
russian dressing
cole slaw
corned beef

I don't like cole slaw so I didn't like it much, but it was very popular.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Is the mixed game 3/6? I REALLY REALLY want to play that when I go. Sure, I'd be a giant giant fish, but it'd be fun as hell.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the mixed game 3/6? I REALLY REALLY want to play that when I go. Sure, I'd be a giant giant fish, but it'd be fun as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, really 3/6, and really a lot of fun.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Like you, I took a flop with a bunch limpers with 3x4x and flopped the low-end of a 5x6x7x straight. Unlike you, someone else held 89 and stacked me when all the money went in on the turn after a blank fell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You flopped a straight flush live and lost? Did you win a BBJ? Or did you just miss algebra class?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:27 PM

edit: never mind, you were playing in Treasure Island, that didn't register the first time.

[ QUOTE ]
Corned beef on light rye with a fantastic cole slaw and TI dressing (whatever that is).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thousand Island. More or less mayonnaise, catsup and relish. Thousand Islands is an area of the St. Lawrence rive in upstate New York/Canada. Apparently not many people know that but I grew up there :-)

Thanks for the report.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Like you, I took a flop with a bunch limpers with 3x4x and flopped the low-end of a 5x6x7x straight. Unlike you, someone else held 89 and stacked me when all the money went in on the turn after a blank fell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You flopped a straight flush live and lost? Did you win a BBJ? Or did you just miss algebra class?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, he didn't flop a straight flush. He didn't specify any suits. Or are you just goofing around?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, he didn't flop a straight flush. He didn't specify any suits. Or are you just goofing around?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I inserted the "x's" (i.e., 5x 6x 7x) to indicate that I did not recall the suits of the cards. My best recollection is that it was a two-tone flop, with neither my hand nor my opponent's hand matching those suits. It was simply a situation in which we both flopped straights, one on the high end and one on the low end. I said that my hand resembled the OP's hand because, like him, I held 3x4x when 5x6x7x flopped, but unlike the OP, I got outflopped and didn't drag a $1,000 pot.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I inserted the "x's" (i.e., 5x 6x 7x) to indicate that I did not recall the suits of the cards. My best recollection is that it was a two-tone flop, with neither my hand nor my opponent's hand matching those suits.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all well and good, now did your corned beef sandwich have sauerkraut or coleslaw on it?
Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Just for the record, I am familiar with the difference between a Reuben and the Brooklyn from Canters. And it never occured to me that the TI dressing was Thousand Island dressing. Duh! I was thinking it was TI (Treasure Island) dressing. I'm an idiot.

BTW, the cole slaw on the Brooklyn is what makes is such a great sandwich. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lastly, sorry for bringing up some bad memories mxp2004. Just run better next time! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Nice report. We don't often get PLO action so you get points for originality. Also like how you explain some basic concepts to non-Omaha players. Throw in the names of the drinks you consumed and it'll be even better IMO.