Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 AM

Default UB $530 Really Nasty spot with Two Pair

No reads because I never play on UB and didn't recognize villain. Villain might think I'm a donkey because I've been saying stupid [censored] in chat about how all these internet kids suck. (I was really bored) Anyways that's the only relevant info.

Blinds are 5/10 2500 deep

3 Folds UTG+3 limps I make it pot with JT CO calls everyone folds back to UTG+3 who calls.

Flop is
J T 3 two clubs I forget which ones are clubs.

I bet 160(pot) CO min raises t320 I repot to 1100 He calls.

The turn is an offsuit Ace Hero has like 3/4 pot left.

I screwed up stacks.... I forget exact bet sizing but I def got minraised on the flop and had 3/4 pot left on the turn. So work with that for bet sizing I guess I made it like 1k or somethign on the flop
Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: UB $530 Really Nasty spot with Two Pair

Seriously?
I mean unless you feel QK/AJ/AT are huge chunks of his range shove. It might suck that he will fold stuff like KJ or KK or QQ, but I can't see anything else and if you aren't happy getting it in on the turn I wouldn't three bet the flop.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 AM

huh? Dont you have two pair and like 1k left in a 4k pot or something? Anything but putting all the chips in is terrible.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:57 AM

once you 3bet flop (which is mandatory imo) you are pretty committed no matter what turns. It just sucks when you have to close your eyes and shove (which you do).
Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
once you 3bet flop (which is mandatory imo) you are pretty committed no matter what turns. It just sucks when you have to close your eyes and shove (which you do).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really wrong.... if the turn is the Ac (the worst card in the deck) I think it is a very easy c/f and pushing is just spewing chips. Just because I have a lot of money invested doesn't mean I should just shove regardless of the turn card.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really wrong.... if the turn is the Ac (the worst card in the deck) I think it is a very easy c/f and pushing is just spewing chips. Just because I have a lot of money invested doesn't mean I should just shove regardless of the turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the chance that they have KJ, QJ or something like QQ, KK is too high to ever fold this hand. Also making any flop play that plans on folding to a scare card when the pot is 4x your stack is just poor poker IMO. If that's your idea, I would just go allin on the flop. You don't win by putting in almost all your chips and then making hero folds.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM

Also I notice you changed the betsizes in the OP without marking it as edited or specifically stating the old numbers. It definitely said 1400 before. I've been working on that assumption in all of my responses.

Also I don't make raises for half my stack without committing all my chips. I simply don't do it unless I'm on a complete stone cold bluff. In order to avoid such ridiculous spots I almost always just move allin if I'm going to put so much of my stack in. I don't care if its an over bet or whatever, it's just what I do, keeps the game much more simple. Also given that I always go allin in such spots and never play weird games like betting half my stack, no one can really deduce the meaning of my bets. I could have a draw, overpair, set etc etc, but the point is I will 100% of the time make that bet size instead of a bet size that obviously commits me but isn't actually all my chips and so its completely impossible to figure out with a great deal of certainty what I have.

The above doesn't really hold true to play on the river and probably some other spots I'm forgetting about at the moment.