Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:04 AM

Default JJ at FT of $5

I have been playing pretty tight at the final table cause i'm card dead. UTG has been playing pretty loose, and BTN has also been somewhat loose after he got the chiplead. What are your thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker, NL Hold'em Tournament, 1,500/3,000 Blinds, 400 Ante, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: 98,606
MP: 61,240
CO: 97,090
BTN: 134,090
SB: 33,572
Hero (BB): 52,402

Pre-Flop: (6,900) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to 10,000</font>, MP folds, CO calls 10,000, <font color="red">BTN raises to 42,000</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero???
Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Re: JJ at FT of $5

You have effective M=~4.5
Taking into consideration that both UTG and Button were pretty loose, i assume your hand as a monster against their range. I'm more suspicious about CO's call. Button in my eyes is trying to isolate blinds and should have midlle PP in this case (&gt; 4 times reraise). So, i would go AI here, because i think we still have FE from UTG and CO. If not, well even against 2 players our chances are not so bad.

nh, btw.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 AM

Seems like CO is the only hand to "worry" about, but its prob something like middle pair, or Ax (j or higher) if he has the same read on UTG as you do. The button re-raise means something, but is it possible he's running some sort of squeeze? This is a tough laydown, and I wouldn't criticize if that was the decision, considering AA-QQ should be in buttons range. I'd still prob shove here and cross my fingers hoping for something like AK.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 AM

send it in no hesitation. you have to put chips at risk to win this is a +ev spot at 6 handed tbl/