Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Poker Tracker Omaha Settings

I beg your pardon because probably I am asking something about you wrote tons of times but, looking for that, I found nothing.

I have started to use Poker Tracker Omaha but I don't know what kind of settings should I put. Are there some thread in which I can find some advice?
Can you help me?

Thank you at all. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Omaha Settings

yes, the low content thread
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have started to use Poker Tracker Omaha but I don't know what kind of settings should I put. Are there some thread in which I can find some advice?
Can you help me?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Chip - Try typing "poker tracker" (with the quotation marks) into the search box that is located at the bottom of the page when you first click onto this forum and see the list of posts.

I just did that and got a listing of 144 posts belonging to some lesser number of threads where poker tracker has been discussed on this forum. Something on one of those threads might get you started.

Hope this helps.

Buzz
Old 10-28-2007, 06:55 PM

It seems nobody is willing to help on this. I tried asking in the 'Software' forum for help on what settings to use to auto-rate players for PokerTracker Omaha, and nobody replied. The search function brought up nothing. All you get, as you've seen here, is silence or smart-arsed, arrogant and smug replies.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems nobody is willing to help on this. I tried asking in the 'Software' forum for help on what settings to use to auto-rate players for PokerTracker Omaha, and nobody replied. The search function brought up nothing. All you get, as you've seen here, is silence or smart-arsed, arrogant and smug replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrogrant and smug aren't necessarily mutually inclusive.

BTW, I didn't think you were going to post here until you finished your PLO project from a few weeks back?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Oh yes, and the search function on this site is the biggest load of useless [censored] [censored] in the world. It can't even do a [censored] two-word search, if you put:

PokerTracker +Omaha

it ignores the + and searches for either word. What a load of bollocks!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrogrant and smug aren't necessarily mutually inclusive.

BTW, I didn't think you were going to post here until you finished your PLO project from a few weeks back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I can't remember what that was.

Still looking for help with PLO player rating rules!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:13 PM

luckyjim - i believe the majority of folks on the plo forum will tell you that the player ratings don't work for omaha... i think thats because a player can be 80/20 or 30/5 and still achieve the same bb/100... that is there are so many winning (and losing) styles that its hard to rate the players effectively.

OP - what is it you are asking? how to use pto, what the numbers or stats mean? etc...
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM

i tried figuring out an autorating scheme and it was pretty useless. I simplified it and said that anyone with vpip over 55 is a fish, under 25 is a rock, preflop PFR below 10 is passive, above 20 is aggressive, post-flop AF below 2 is passive and above 3 is aggressive. and any vpip above 40 is probably too loose. but even those general parameters seem to have exceptions, since there are some pretty good 20/2 or 50/12 players (and at the higher limits some pretty good 55/30 types) who don't fit the 30/20 mold. broadly i think the rating system is pretty useless, since you can get a pretty good sense of someone's style (though not necessarily their quality of play) from vpip, PFR and aggression factor (especially if you look street by street) without needing a little icon to summarize it.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you get, as you've seen here, is silence or smart-arsed, arrogant and smug replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you feeling a little sensitive today, luckyjim? Buzz responded to the guy in a very cordial manner but obviously you didn't read that before you made your arrogant and smug reply. You were also only the third person to respond to the thread so the fact that you type "it seems that no one is going to help you" is very amusing.

[ QUOTE ]
The search function brought up nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again if you had taken the time to read Buzz's post before ranting you would have seen that if you type "poker tracker" with the quotes into the search box you will get a ton of hits. I just did it myself (setting the parameter for 1 year)and received almost 200 hits most with useful information.