Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: 50nl, KK hand 200bb+ deep

Pokey misread the hand and the bet sizes / stacks were screwed to the point of know return. 4bet is a must. You have to define the hand. I 3bet with any pair 200 deep.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokey misread the hand and the bet sizes / stacks were screwed to the point of know return. 4bet is a must. You have to define the hand. I 3bet with any pair 200 deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do we want to define our hand? So we can be sure villain will play perfectly? 50nl doesn't play aggressively enough to 4bet here because your opponent will play everything perfectly against you, shoving aces and folding everything else. You can't stack off for 200bb with KK preflop and you cant 4bet-fold it either. Flat calling is easily best.

On the flop, raise and get all-in, what a great place to stack QQ/JJ, and snap off a bluff from AK. Contrary to preflop it is not a mistake to stack off here because now his range is a lot wider than just hands which beat you and includes a lot of hands which will call and lose.

I would say call and stack off on the turn, because it looks like you are drawing, but basically if either draw hits it kills your action and you get no more value so I'd just raise the flop to like $52 and look to get it in there, and open shove any turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4bet here because your opponent will play everything perfectly against you, shoving aces and folding everything else

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bollocks. I can produce tons of hands being called preflop by AJ and similar in this position.

I am completely comfortable stacking off 200BB deep with KK, its a matter of BR really. I play long sessions and its not even deep, pretty much standard after 3 hours of play.

200BB 3betting / calling range is huge. You can't argue that people are calling with pp and all softs of connectors. KK is a vulerable hand multiway. Ten times so when your little deep. You gonna see an ace a lot of the time. You gonna get set mined a lot of the time. Its multiway, it means your not gonna be able to go for pot control and there is likely to be a bet and a raise on the flop. I much rather put money in myself preflop while I still know where I stand.

Most importnatly. It simply cuts 4betting out of your arsenal.