Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: \"The Ofdabeat hates backpackers special\"

for one, i'd much prefer a backpacker that disgustingly says no when approached by a hooker than a "resident" (as if you weren't ever new in Thailand) who [censored] bargirls every weekend
Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 AM

I hate [censored] backpackers with an extra [censored] backpack on the front. If your backpack too small to hold all your stuff, buy a bigger backpack dumbass. If you want a small backpack for day trips, why not just put it in your big backpack until you take a daytrip. Because it would make too much [censored] sense, that's why.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:20 AM

As much as I hate t-shirts with place names on middle-aged tourists, they're a million times worse on a backpacker. Every time I see some backpacker with a Cambodia t-shirt, I'm filled with an uncontrolable desire to punch them in the dick. Why? Because their shirt is saying essentially "hey man, I've been to Cambodia, that's a place that's like way out there, not that many people go to Cambodia. Have you ever been to a place as far-out as Cambodia? I know how to [censored] live life man."

The backpacker wears these tourist shirts as an implicit brag and this sort of unwarranted arrogance is only another argument for their annihilation. I say we bring back the Khmer Rouge, but instead of killing fellow Cambodians, rain destruction down on these godless backpackers, the eternal enemy of mankind.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:56 AM

Don't you live in a $7 a night guesthouse?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you live in a $7 a night guesthouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which are luxury accommodations in Laos...backpackers probably pay $2-3.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 AM

Also, I'm going to be passing through Vientiane in a few weeks. I will be carrying a backpack, but I don't much care for granola, hopefully we can still grab a beer or something.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I hate t-shirts with place names on middle-aged tourists, they're a million times worse on a backpacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me that a few days ago, while we were waiting for a braindead muay thai guy from england to show up ( with 4 girls and a midget, don't ask ) me and cookie saw a beautiful specimen:

Walking at 1am with not one but two backpacks ( leave them in your hotel room jesus.... ), 5 days without shaving, the most ridiculous "local mountain tribe artisanal hat" you'll ever see, the smell of goat cheese and a magnificient "bangkoker" t-shirt.

The time stops, everybody stop talking.

How can one dare?

Socks and sandals under a way too short fisherman pant.

never again.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the difference between backpackers, travelers, and tourists? people view them all very differently just wondering your take.

i don't really understand the frustration with backpackers. they like banana pancakes and reggae music. they often have long dreadlocks. i can think of worse things

[/ QUOTE ]I'm fine with backpackers who are actually, like...., backpacking. you know, Greater Tibet, Nepal, The Andes,... It's just that here backpacker = cheap ass tourist moving 150liters of useless crap from one hostel dorm to another acting like they're totally superiour to all the others tourist..Bangkok is like Backpacking noob central. Heck, met one this morning, italian guy friend of an acquaintance, the guy took 3 sweaters with him in his backpack. to go to visit the Gulf of Thailand. I swear I'm not making this stuff up! Obv he had the 120l on the back and a 60l in the front....

on the t-shirt issue, met a irish guy with a save the planet tshirt from some Peruvian ONG, the guy also had pair of home made earring....

and there's the whole "zomg you're such a slave to modern technology for traveling with a laptop" and then they go spend 3hours a day in internet cafés.....
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 PM

Backpackers don't seem to bad to me when compared to the alternative...

White males consuming the natural resources of other countries (cough, Thailand), [censored] hookers and generally being obnoxious, partaking in illegal activities (online poker), and generally providing no genuine reason for hating backpackers other than trivial things that have no effect on themselves and sounding like a bunch of ignorant Nazis. Why don't you let the actual country natives decide who they want in their country and STFU.

and no, they don't want to kill all backpackers like you, sorry.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as I hate t-shirts with place names on middle-aged tourists, they're a million times worse on a backpacker. Every time I see some backpacker with a Cambodia t-shirt, I'm filled with an uncontrolable desire to punch them in the dick. Why? Because their shirt is saying essentially "hey man, I've been to Cambodia, that's a place that's like way out there, not that many people go to Cambodia. Have you ever been to a place as far-out as Cambodia? I know how to [censored] live life man."

The backpacker wears these tourist shirts as an implicit brag and this sort of unwarranted arrogance is only another argument for their annihilation. I say we bring back the Khmer Rouge, but instead of killing fellow Cambodians, rain destruction down on these godless backpackers, the eternal enemy of mankind.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love you