Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-04-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: College Football Week 6

shouldn't Kentucky have gone for 2 down 31-22 with 6:59 left to play???
Old 10-04-2007, 10:59 PM

fndskjlgnljgalsjdasjl why do they always do the retard XP?????????????
Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 PM

SC's defense looked really physical. Scary to think what JB would have added had he still been able to play.

So many good games this weekend.

12:00am Wisc/Illi

3:30pm OU/Texas

3:30pm UGA/Tenn

6:00pm VT/Clemson

8:00pm tOSU/Purdue

8:00pm Cincy/Rutgers

8:30pm LSU/UF

9:15pm NE/Mizzou

happy gaming fellas, this is going to be one crazy weekend!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't Kentucky have gone for 2 down 31-22 with 6:59 left to play???

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how coaches can not understand this. I mean, you have to go for two eventually, so knowing whether you need one or two more scores earlier as opposed to later seems to help you make appropriate in game decisions re: clock management. What's next, taking the ball first during for OT?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Can we safely post here? This thread is the only one in the forum that doesn't contain "***" or "OFFICIAL" or "thread" in the thread title.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 AM

I'm looking forward to a thrilling 7 point win over Eastern Michigan this weekend. We'll run every first down into 9 (and maybe even 10 or 11) man-fronts because we're Michigan and that's what we do! Taking advantage of what you're giving us is so unsporting. The only thing that makes this season remotely bearable is the assumption that 1) Lloyd is retiring and 2) that Les Miles is basically the worst-case scenario for a replacement. If Bill Martin even entertains the thought, even in jest, of interviewing DeBord he should be summarily executed.

Uh, I mean, what a great weekend of football! Carry on everyone!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:14 PM

Ok guys help me out here.

I just got off the phone with the Pops and he got tickets to the Pitt @ RU game in November. He got on the topic of how much he hates Schiano and wishes he left for Miami. I have made my pro-Schiano posts on here but there are a few things that I strongly dislike about him. The Navy incident back in 03 that really made me mad, the hopping up and down on the Louisville symbol in 05 which led to the Cardinals pounding RU into nothingness, the trusting Ito countless times vs Illinois, and the infamous day that New Hampshire beat the crap out of a D1A program called Rutgers University.

He was saying how much he used to enjoy going to games even though there were only 12,000 people there and 10,000 were wearing the away teams colors and the student section was barren. Don't get me wrong we both love having a team that wins in NJ, and Schiano did have something to do with that bringing in those South Florida recruits and having a decent defense. But, obviously the team was carried by Clark Harris and Brian Leonard the past two years and not Greg Schiano.

With that said, is it so wrong for us in Jersey to want Schiano gone even though he has led Rutgers to a top 10 ranking, 2 consecutive seasons to bowl games, and one ending in a bowl win?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Rofl. Are you serious. Who in the world wants a loser team that barely wins 2 games a year over a competitive team that can compete for the conference title year in and year out.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys help me out here.

I just got off the phone with the Pops and he got tickets to the Pitt @ RU game in November. He got on the topic of how much he hates Schiano and wishes he left for Miami. I have made my pro-Schiano posts on here but there are a few things that I strongly dislike about him. The Navy incident back in 03 that really made me mad, the hopping up and down on the Louisville symbol in 05 which led to the Cardinals pounding RU into nothingness, the trusting Ito countless times vs Illinois, and the infamous day that New Hampshire beat the crap out of a D1A program called Rutgers University.

He was saying how much he used to enjoy going to games even though there were only 12,000 people there and 10,000 were wearing the away teams colors and the student section was barren. Don't get me wrong we both love having a team that wins in NJ, and Schiano did have something to do with that bringing in those South Florida recruits and having a decent defense. But, obviously the team was carried by Clark Harris and Brian Leonard the past two years and not Greg Schiano.

With that said, is it so wrong for us in Jersey to want Schiano gone even though he has led Rutgers to a top 10 ranking, 2 consecutive seasons to bowl games, and one ending in a bowl win?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not understanding this. You're either saying that you just don't like winning, or now that your program has the first whiff of success it's gotten since...maybe ever, you're already spoiled and have decided this isn't good enough and you can do better? I must be reading this wrong, because both of those theories are utterly asinine.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rofl. Are you serious. Who in the world wants a loser team that barely wins 2 games a year over a competitive team that can compete for the conference title year in and year out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would much rather the conference title runs. But, I really am not sure if Schiano was the reason they got this good all of a sudden nor do I believe that this run is gonna last past this year.I almost feel now that Schiano is not good for the program. But, I feel guilty about this considering he showed so much loyalty in staying and not going to Miami, so are the fans obligated to show loyalty back?