Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Move up???

Yeah I played some 5/10 won good money especially on UB and this is when my 600 downswing began. I began losing on Ongame so I moved down back to 3/6 and it kept going to 600BB.

About the hand you posted I don't think I played it badly. The only thing that might be questionable is the river bet but I think I made that because I thought you could call me down with Ace high or a worse 6 since the 9 paired.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 PM

I donīt necessarily think you played it that bad either.But you played it very aggressive.And pretty much put your money on that I was on a Ahigh flush draw.
And I think the hand breaths a little bit of risk taking and that it is leading to a higher variance.
If I 3-bet turn would you have folded?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recently read (in this forum I think) that you can expect win rates at shorthanded games to be higher than win rates at fr games, is this true?
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
The theory goes that short handed = you need to play more hands = more decisions = more room for mistakes for the bad players.

Also, when you're short you get to play more hands vs donks (easier to isolate).

[/ QUOTE ]

Much of that is offset by the fact that you have to pay blinds more frequently correct? So in the end, with all other things being equal, is the winrate at sh games higher than or equal to that of a fr game?
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other players pay the blinds more often too. A stronger player has more of an edge SH and I dont its close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have some equity in the blinds you post, having to "pay" the blinds more often is a frequent misconception. The rake is higher, however.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I donīt necessarily think you played it that bad either.But you played it very aggressive.And pretty much put your money on that I was on a Ahigh flush draw.
And I think the hand breaths a little bit of risk taking and that it is leading to a higher variance.
If I 3-bet turn would you have folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup that's a fold for me if you three bet. Actually against an agrressive lag it's probably better to call this since it will be hard to fold to the three bet but you are not an agrressive lag [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yup that's a fold for me if you three bet. Actually against an agrressive lag it's probably better to call this since it will be hard to fold to the three bet but you are not an agrressive lag

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that calling is better on this turn. You get to save money when you're behind, and preserve your chance of catching something on the river. Sure you fail to charge him if he has a diamond draw but if he does, it's most likely a strong draw with 12 or 15 outs to beat you so the money you gain from the raise is far outweighed by the money he'll bluff at you on the river if he misses.