Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Move up???

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, one needs a 2 big bets per 100 winrate before one can be happy even at the limit one is at but considering the likely tougher games for the US players at this time and a possible rakeback on could have, you might be doing as good as one can do at 3-6. 80K hands says you are not lacking experience either.

In case one is playing somewhere where there are good 3-6 games, at least when picking tables, and the fish stays away from 5-10 or plays tighter there, then the case would be different.

The rake is not any fun at 5-10 either; the limits from 2-4 (not at every place) to 5-10 are pretty bad from the rake point of view, and 10-20 is no heaven either, additionally that it can be considerably tougher than 5-10 - that one might beat but lose at 10-20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not expert, but I think most people here would be happy getting 1BB/100 at 5/10 and 10/20...getting 2BB/100 seems like you would be absolutely destroying the game.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:20 PM

1BB/100 is a very decent sustained winrate at any level imo.

2BB/100 is completely destroying the games. I think anything higher than that is pretty much unsustainable in todays environment.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:39 PM

Your winrate really depends strongly on your site and game selection.
1BB could be "Meh your barely beating the games" to "your crushing the games"

However, your BR is huge... Might as well take a shot at a higher stake.. I suggset playing an hour or so here and there to desensitize yourself to the swings. If you have a big downswing, drop back down for a while.

Moving up is always a great way to reflect hard on your game. I had many epiphanies moving up from 3/6 in regards to blind defense and attacking.

The key to improving your poker game is to be able to strongly recognize good/bad play OUTSIDE of the table... My criteria for playing in any game im rolled in is to be able to see my opponents making FREQUENT mistakes that you are not making.
If they are, this is a good game.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your winrate really depends strongly on your site and game selection.
1BB could be "Meh your barely beating the games" to "your crushing the games"

However, your BR is huge... Might as well take a shot at a higher stake.. I suggset playing an hour or so here and there to desensitize yourself to the swings. If you have a big downswing, drop back down for a while.

Moving up is always a great way to reflect hard on your game. I had many epiphanies moving up from 3/6 in regards to blind defense and attacking.

The key to improving your poker game is to be able to strongly recognize good/bad play OUTSIDE of the table... My criteria for playing in any game im rolled in is to be able to see my opponents making FREQUENT mistakes that you are not making.

[/ QUOTE ]

u post goot.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Youīre good enough to move up Xerxes.At ongame there is no big difference between 3/6 and 10/20 IMO.
Against me you have shown a leak though.You fold too easily to raises.I donīt know if itīs my tight stats that has fooled you.But I rarely bluff so much as I have done against you.But otherwise you are very solid.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 PM

I recently read (in this forum I think) that you can expect win rates at shorthanded games to be higher than win rates at fr games, is this true?
thanks.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 PM

OP -

Move up.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently read (in this forum I think) that you can expect win rates at shorthanded games to be higher than win rates at fr games, is this true?
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
The theory goes that short handed = you need to play more hands = more decisions = more room for mistakes for the bad players.

Also, when you're short you get to play more hands vs donks (easier to isolate).
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 PM

OP, I played with you on UB a long time ago. Move up, you have the game and the bankroll. The lower rake will also help a ton.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
The theory goes that short handed = you need to play more hands = more decisions = more room for mistakes for the bad players.

Also, when you're short you get to play more hands vs donks (easier to isolate).

[/ QUOTE ]

Much of that is offset by the fact that you have to pay blinds more frequently correct? So in the end, with all other things being equal, is the winrate at sh games higher than or equal to that of a fr game?
thanks.