Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: ***Carolina Panthers 2007 Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Panthers Fans,

Haven't seen much of your team this year, but I hear Peppers is struggling. What's going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

peppers was hurt in the preseason, so i've been wondering whether he's at full strength. if he starts playing well i think we will win this pathetic division
Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 AM

Peppers finally looked like himself against the Saints. I think he had 5 tackles and was flying around the field more, not to mention his huge block of the FG.

I have been thoroughly unimpressed by David Carr so far. All the people that have bashed Jake and talked about wanting him benched look absolutely idiotic at the moment, because without him we look very poor on offense. Truthfully, if Carr struggles again, I'd like to give Matt Moore a shot.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been thoroughly unimpressed by David Carr so far. All the people that have bashed Jake and talked about wanting him benched look absolutely idiotic at the moment, because without him we look very poor on offense. Truthfully, if Carr struggles again, I'd like to give Matt Moore a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

we'll see if the tweaks they're making for carr help him out. pretty sure his arm is significantly weaker than jake's, so changing it up is a good idea. they need to let carr play a few games b/c this is basically his audition to fill in when delhomme moves on (which could end up being after this season).

WTF @ Vinny Testaverde starting on sunday. vinny is ~45 and hasn't even played/practiced recently, so there is no way he can come in and start this soon. why not start moore if carr is hurt? he didn't look too bad when carr when out, granted it was brief apperance, and can't be worse than weinke.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:27 PM

I can't wait to watch Vinny on Sunday ticket. This can only be absolutely hilarious. I'm willing to sacrifice my Steve Smith points for the comedy of 43 year old with 6 days to learn the play book. I mean this sounds like a Disney movie !
Old 10-13-2007, 11:53 AM

hah. i'm kind of worried about dan morgan. they say it's just his ankle, but i can't help but think the concussions linger. every time he makes a tackle i get worried that his brain is going to ooze out of his ears
Old 10-14-2007, 02:12 PM

anyone got any info on who is starting? i assume it's carr
Old 10-14-2007, 04:12 PM

GO VINNY!
Old 10-14-2007, 04:25 PM

would the owner of the Vinny gimmick please PM me the password? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 PM

VINNY VINNY VINNY MVP!!!

And unless mine eyes deceived me, we had a JULIUS PEPPERS sighting. He is on the team after all.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:12 AM

Is it OK with everyone if I hop on the Panthers bandwagon? The Jets are my team, but they're 1-5 and VINNY! is my favorite player ever. I wasn't even paying attention to the NFL news this week, but when I saw that Vinny had won a game for the Panthers on ESPN.com, I got all excited. Amazing that he didn't even get the playbook or practice with the team until Wednesday and he still managed to play fairly well.

Any chance they leave him as the starter when Carr gets healthy? I mean Carr's not really "their guy" anyway, if his feelings get hurt, it's no big deal. I'm just giddy at the thought of Vinny Testaverde carrying a team to the playoffs.