Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:52 AM

Default JJ OOP, ugggh

Pretty lost here once it gets to the turn. I'm also pretty sure that a river blocker sucks balls but just check/folding made me cringe.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $101.00
BB: $136.42
UTG: $92.80
CO: $6.50
BTN: $261.13

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is pretty new to the table. He's loose in that he limps a lot, but he'll raise a fair amount pf too and he hasn't done anything of interest postflop yet.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $1.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $5.00, BTN calls $5.00

Flop: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13.00</font>, BB calls $13.00, BTN folds

Turn: ($44) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($44) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $60.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $122.00
Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: JJ OOP, ugggh

I'm bet/folding 1/2 on the river. I like the other streets.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:55 AM

I like your line here. He probably calls your river bet with a queen. If you check and he has a straight, he bets and you may call him anyway. I really dont see how that straight hit him though. He could very well have had QJ or J10 and make a weird value bet with two pair. That makes more sense to me than the straight. The only way I see a king here is if he has K10 or K high flush draw. He has to raise KQ on the flop. I do not know. However, he is representing a king and that is a good sized raise. Without a read, you have to fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:00 PM

I like the way you played this, but it seems like you lucked into an easy situation on the river.

What do you guys do if villian bets 2/3rds pot on this turn is the real question.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the way you played this, but it seems like you lucked into an easy situation on the river.

What do you guys do if villian bets 2/3rds pot on this turn is the real question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold turn if he bets largely.

As played, I like the river bet, but I would prefer something like 24 (larger than 1/2 pot) to 18 (smaller than 1/2 pot)
Old 09-07-2007, 12:29 PM

I would have bet the turn here but maybe thats too aggressivle. On a flop like that I see a lot of villians calling you cbet with a very wide range. Furthermore, because the flop is so coordinated he would likely raise the flop with most of his stronger holdings (2pair, FD+pair etc) and many players would try to take a free card by raising flop woth a FD. I think you see j10, j9, 98,87 etc. Keep in mind he open limped form the bitton. You can almost certainly rule out KJ, KQ, AQ, AJ, QQ, 10/10, 99. Even if you are behind on the turn you have a ton of outs, unless he has Khigh flush then your J of diamonds is likely good if a diamond comes given the he limped.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the turn here but maybe thats too aggressivle. On a flop like that I see a lot of villians calling you cbet with a very wide range. Furthermore, because the flop is so coordinated he would likely raise the flop with most of his stronger holdings (2pair, FD+pair etc) and many players would try to take a free card by raising flop woth a FD. I think you see j10, j9, 98,87 etc. Keep in mind he open limped form the bitton. You can almost certainly rule out KJ, KQ, AQ, AJ, QQ, 10/10, 99. Even if you are behind on the turn you have a ton of outs, unless he has Khigh flush then your J of diamonds is likely good if a diamond comes given the he limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only issue with betting the turn is the question of what hands is he folding, and what hands is he calling with? I think that most/all of the hands that you beat fold to the turn bet. Next, like you said, you can extract value from lesser diamonds if the river comes a 4 flush. Betting will put you in a really tough spot if you get raised (you'll have to fold), but you can always c/c a small bet, or even c/r a larger bet from him.

Actually, I kind of like c/r turn here. Our plan for any river is to check.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM

check river.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM

$23/fold to raise on river. Rest looks good.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Looks good to me. Lead flop, check turn for pot control. In these types of situations I like check, call a reasonable bet on the river.